Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why would he need to alter his condolences after the identity of the perpetrator had been clarified ?

He's very happy to identify the France attacker (who didn't kill anyone incidentally) as a radical islamist yet I've not seen anything stating the decription of the Quebec attacker (who killed 6) who was a white supremicist.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have offered your view as to why you choose not to apportion your political energy equally, I think most of us are similar, however when you and others show particular vitriol against Trump based on a policy that Obama firstly recommended already then implementing something more punitive without a similar reaction then you wonder if firstly you even knew or if you did why not a consistent reaction, it absoluelty undermines the credibility of attacking Trump.

For me personally I wasnt aware of Obamas intervention, but I am wholly consistent, if I did know I would have supported Obamas position just as I do Trumps.

I don't follow what you mean. The main issue I have with Trump, to be specific, is this travel ban, the woeful implementation of this ban, and his threats and sabre-rattling with Mexico and the recent threat to send in troops to Mexico. I not aware of any of this under Obama. And yeah this is specific and maybe I'm not consistent but this directly affects a friend of mine and his partner so I have a keen interest.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I don't follow what you mean. The main issue I have with Trump, to be specific, is this travel ban, the woeful implementation of this ban, and his threats and sabre-rattling with Mexico and the recent threat to send in troops to Mexico. I not aware of any of this under Obama. And yeah this is specific and maybe I'm not consistent but this directly affects a friend of mine and his partner so I have a keen interest.

Don't forget China. Within 10 years apparently. Oh, and someone in the middle east. Don't know who yet though.

"The United States and China will fight a war within the next 10 years over islands in the South China Sea, and “there’s no doubt about that”. At the same time, the US will be in another “major” war in the Middle East."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...non-donald-trump-war-south-china-sea-no-doubt

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/m...ed-state-visit-to-uk-poll-finds-a3455216.html

Most Britons back Donald Trump’s planned state visit to Britain, a poll has found.

The survey, conducted by YouGov for The Times, found 49 per cent of the British public supported Mr Trump’s UK visit with 36 per cent opposed.

Poor little snowflakes!

Lazy headline that, with no facts. Some people have signed petitions, some haven't. Some people answered a pollster's (and they're always right, as we know) questions. Most people haven't expressed an opinion anywhere.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
lazy headline that, with no facts. Some people have signed petitions, some haven't. Some people answered a pollster's (and they're always right, as we know) questions. Most people haven't expressed an opinion anywhere.

[insertfingersinears]la la la la la[/insertfingersinears]

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
BBC4 last night started a rerun of The Nazis a warning from history. This is an excellent a2ard winning 6 part documentary.

What struck me was something that popped up during Hitler's speeches during election rallies before he was invited to become Chancellor, which was ' Germany first'.

The parallels are frightening and need to be challenged.

Worrying times

I think you're being serious.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Don't forget China. Within 10 years apparently. Oh, and someone in the middle east. Don't know who yet though.

"The United States and China will fight a war within the next 10 years over islands in the South China Sea, and “there’s no doubt about that”. At the same time, the US will be in another “major” war in the Middle East."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...non-donald-trump-war-south-china-sea-no-doubt

Again you talk as if Trump is starting from a blank canvas in a world full of peace and loveliness and Trump has come along and ruined it all, then you mention ANOTHER likely war in the Middle East as if the USA and the EU are somehow now devoid of any responsibility to what went on before and continues to happen today, you have almost given Obama, Blair, Bush etc etc their very own 'get out of jail' card because you have found a new pantomine villain.

His tweeting isnt sambre rattling, its the USA's military power which is ferocious that really counts, unless you are pacifist, sambre rattling has been there in all its glory for generations under each and every president and supported by most of Europe.

To lend some perspective to it, Obama pledged for the USA to continue to spend more on military than the next 8 biggest military budgeting nations combined, thats some thought.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Pompous arse.

I'm not an 'apologist' for anyone, thanks. Why should I be? All this 'you and yours' crap? You have literally no clue what my values are - what I stand for.

One thing I'm fairly strong on is not making fun of the brutal death of innocent children - regardless of the crimes of their relations.

If we accept that such 'collateral damage' is inventible, that's one thing. Making light of it is quite another, and shows you for exactly who you are.

Oh dear,you do like to be impolite,don't you?What you stand for,let's have a try,shall we;
You are very obviously not a fan of the Sun or Rupert Murdoch.
You are very obviously not a fan of democracy,unless the results fall in your favour,so a very bad loser.
You certainly don't seem to like being British,or indeed,many British people.
You do an absolutely marvellous line in faux outrage.
You regard with disdain a large proportion of the population of our greatest ally.
You regard anybody who disagrees with you as at best a div.
Hows that for starters?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lazy headline that, with no facts. Some people have signed petitions, some haven't. Some people answered a pollster's (and they're always right, as we know) questions. Most people haven't expressed an opinion anywhere.
No facts? Do you mean there wasn't a YouGov poll, as stated in the article? Or isn't it a fact that the poll reported 49 to 36 in favour of Trump's visit? Or maybe the poll wasn't conducted for The Times?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
No facts? Do you mean there wasn't a YouGov poll, as stated in the article? Or isn't it a fact that the poll reported 49 to 36 in favour of Trump's visit? Or maybe the poll wasn't conducted for The Times?

I don't think I expressed my point well. I just don't think anyone can say definitively what the mood of the nation is. Both sides try to, but you can't. One poll says this, another says that. However many have signed one petition, and loads have signed another. And loads more haven't expressed an opinion on social media.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here