Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Band(s) you wished you had seen but never will, and band(s) you saw and wished you hadn't!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wish I'd seen Nirvana.Stones were crap in Brighton (was it called the Big Apple,or something like that?).Genesis were pretty crud when they were on with Lindisfarne,and Van der Graf Generator-think that was at the Dome.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I regret not seeing The Allman Brothers, Cream, The Doors and Hendrix in their pomp.

Managed to tick off Led Zeppelin, The Who, Yes, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Queen and Springsteen at their peak.

Disappointments: Clapton. A genius until the very early 70s, but quite underwhelming since then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
However a discussion to be had that they produced their best music when they stopped touring and werent constrained on how things would sound on stage.

No discussion. You are spot on! :cheers:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Love to of been a fly on the wall that evening...

Siouxie had very little time for 'tuning up' at the best of times (listen to the live at Albert Hall 1984 cd.....). She was as far from a happy bunny as one can possibly be that evening :lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I went to see The Damned at The Assembly Halls in Worthing around 1996 or so and it was the worst concert I have ever been to (we'd been given the tickets free). We went backstage afterwards and tried to get them to come to the punk night at The Factory but they declined :( Dave Vanian is really tiny as well, which I never knew.

I think it might have been a year or two later as I saw them around 1998 at the Concorde with Patricia Morrison on keyboards. This was their first time in years they had played together but it was clear that there were still tensions. Capt Sensible was being an all-round dick, dressed in fetish clothing and more focussed on his mates in the audience. Halfway through, someone chucked a bottle on-stage and Vanian buggered off in a huff.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
As an aside, a band I'm glad I saw and wish I hadn't on the same tour in the same town.

Primal Scream touring off the back of 'Exterminator'. Start of the tour at the Top Rank, magnificent. End of the tour (extra dates added), Brighton Centre ..... absolute shite.

And for a tighter time scale, Bob Dylan at the Hammersmith Odeon in 89. 1st night diabolical, 2nd night best I've ever seen him, 3rd night shit (no way near as bad as the 1st night). .... I'm pretty sure that wasn't what I was supposed to do with my student grant. :)

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Wished i'd seen Led Zep & Pink Floyd (original line ups).

There's no band I wish I hadn't seen.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Would love to have seen Pink Floyd circa 1975.

I went to see The Damned at The Assembly Halls in Worthing around 1996 or so and it was the worst concert I have ever been to (we'd been given the tickets free). We went backstage afterwards and tried to get them to come to the punk night at The Factory but they declined :( Dave Vanian is really tiny as well, which I never knew.

I saw The Damned a few times in the late 70s, really good band, I would have loved to have seen the original line up in 76/77 though.

Malonia

Nov 1, 2009
Wish I had:
The Clash
The Birthday Party ( I was offered a ticket to see them in 83, but chickened out)

Wish I hadn't
The Fall 1985 - awful

Wish I'd seen The Smiths. Bizarrely I was offered a ticket circa '86 and declined... and you went instead Baz!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wish I'd seen The Smiths. Bizarrely I was offered a ticket circa '86 and declined... and you went instead Baz!

I’m not normally one for tribute bands but saw The Smyths at Concorde2 Saturday and they were brilliant. They added a dimension to the sound in their own right, it was a fantastic set and as close to seeing the real thing as you’re ever likely to get. The age range was 16-60, and the place was jumping. Great fun for the princely sum of £15

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Wished I'd seen: Thin Lizzy (with either Brian Robertson or Gary Moore).

Wished I'd hadn't : The Killer Dwarfs - Had the misfortune of seeing them support Iron Maiden back in the 80's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here