Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Make Barnsley our 5th round cup tie sell out

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Promotion obviously, but the view that a Cup run automatically, and I mean automatically, must detract from League form in the same way that night follows day is ... well I'll just say it's not a given and that anyone who believes it doesn't really understand football. If we'd have won yesterday we'd only have had another handful of games maximum in the Cup in order to win it. We've still got nearly TWENTY League games left. Lincoln have already played more Cup games then we would have to, all their League rivals have been knocked out - and in apparent defiance of all universal laws they're STILL top.

Anybody remotely pleased about yesterday's result is not a true Brighton fan, and I don't care how old you are or how many years you've been a STH. Yes we can now 'concentrate on the League' (which has always been the Losers' mantra). Whoopi do.

Were you at Sincil Bank yesterday? Did you go to the Amex for the MKDons game?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Can I be assured, before I book my train tickets as a result of [MENTION=22252]T soprano[/MENTION] suggestion, that this match cannot be moved by those dastardly mutts at Sky ?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Can I be assured, before I book my train tickets as a result of [MENTION=22252]T soprano[/MENTION] suggestion, that this match cannot be moved by those dastardly mutts at Sky ?

Cant see any reason why this game will not being played at 3pm, think the club will probably announce it in the next couple of days
Just booked coach

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
The game cannot be moved. All fixtures for this period are confirmed- those which Sky wanted to move for TV have changed already.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I disagree that it is a bog-standard league game as I base away games on the ease and ability to attend. Barnsley at 3pm on a Saturday is an easy game to get to by train - Barnsley on a Tuesday night would be a no-goer. Likewise it takes away the chance of the Newcastle game being moved again which leaves them with three tough away games in under a week.

:thumbsup: It's those 'bog standard' games that give us the opportunity to play 'big' clubs week in week out next season

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Promotion obviously, but the view that a Cup run automatically, and I mean automatically, must detract from League form in the same way that night follows day is ... well I'll just say it's not a given and that anyone who believes it doesn't really understand football. If we'd have won yesterday we'd only have had another handful of games maximum in the Cup in order to win it. We've still got nearly TWENTY League games left. Lincoln have already played more Cup games then we would have to, all their League rivals have been knocked out - and in apparent defiance of all universal laws they're STILL top.

Anybody remotely pleased about yesterday's result is not a true Brighton fan, and I don't care how old you are or how many years you've been a STH. Yes we can now 'concentrate on the League' (which has always been the Losers' mantra). Whoopi do.
When you put on the blue & white you put in a shift for the team and fans. Lincoln seemed to want to win the game more than we did. Yes promotion is critical but lets not go out of the cups with a whimper. Winning is infectious, so is losing.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
When you put on the blue & white you put in a shift for the team and fans. Lincoln seemed to want to win the game more than we did. Yes promotion is critical but lets not go out of the cups with a whimper. Winning is infectious, so is losing.

Just like Leeds and Newcastle eh?

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Good thread OP. Don't let the moaners get you down. I've already got train tickets and air B&B booked in Sheffield. Can't wait for another away day.

For those hesitating - think of it this way my. If we get to the the PL next season away tickets will be scarce so make the most of these games with big allocations and little interest from the JCLs if you have the time and money to go.

Eddie.lewington

Jan 2, 2017
What are you on about, we are on our way to promotion we should have a growing fan base and should sell at least 4K tickets no matter how far the journey

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
How do you know we would never have won it? Palace got to the final last year, are they really that much better than us? Apparently yes.

Quite depressing on here today with people actually glad that we're out.

So what if we played a strong team and we ended up with several serious injuries to key 1st team players? Would you still think it would be the right decision, even if we lost Knocky, Dunk and Stockdale for the rest of the season?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
So what if we played a strong team and we ended up with several serious injuries to key 1st team players? Would you still think it would be the right decision, even if we lost Knocky, Dunk and Stockdale for the rest of the season?

It can happen in any game.

IIRC the current injuries to Baldock Bruno and Bong didn't even occur in a competitive match - but in training.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
It can happen in any game.

IIRC the current injuries to Baldock Bruno and Bong didn't even occur in a competitive match - but in training.

Indeed and more competitive games increases that risk further more.
Add to the fact of planning for the game, travel etc diverting away from the league.

I don't want any more fixture backlog and midweek replays etc, let's just get over the white line surely, I'm surprised anyone doesn't see it and doesn't want this?

Even Barber was saying before the game that it's a distraction they could do without.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not going to reply individually to all the people who've quoted my posts as I'll be here all night. Every year I have this argument and I never get anywhere. We might win at Huddersfield and lose at Barnsley or perhaps win at Brentford and lose at Huddersfield. As it's the League the smoke goes up the chimney just the same; the individual games don't matter nearly so much like they do in the Cup as it's the overall season-long aggregation of points over the 46, yes FORTY SIX games that counts . (It's amazing that some have even tried to twist these simple facts).

Anyway, that's me done for another year. Can't wait for next year's battle when staying in the Prem will be the important thing and people will be saying "for this season only we shouldn't bother with the Cup"

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm not going to reply individually to all the people who've quoted my posts as I'll be here all night. Every year I have this argument and I never get anywhere. We might win at Huddersfield and lose at Barnsley or perhaps win at Brentford and lose at Huddersfield. As it's the League the smoke goes up the chimney just the same; the individual games don't matter nearly so much like they do in the Cup as it's the overall season-long aggregation of points over the 46, yes FORTY SIX games that counts . (It's amazing that some have even tried to twist these simple facts).

Anyway, that's me done for another year. Can't wait for next year's battle when staying in the Prem will be the important thing and people will be saying "for this season only we shouldn't bother with the Cup"

Did you go to the FA cup games at the Amex and Sincil Bank?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008

So let's say we won yesterday but got two straight red cards to Dunk and Knockaert. Would that be worth it because the cup game is 'more important' (we'd have to win less games in the cup to win a trophy than in the league)?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here