Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Make Barnsley our 5th round cup tie sell out

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, im only trying to rally up a bit of support, amazing how people on this forum find weird angles on such a simple post of support for the club,
Got no problems with you rallying support for what will be just another bog-standard League game, one of the 46, yes FORTY SIX we will play this season. Your efforts to generate interest will be especially useful if instead of going to ****ing Barnsley we could have been at home to Man U in an FA Cup 5th Round match, something we don't do that often - whereas we play 'important' league games in places like Barnsley week in week out.

Is was the statement that we weren't going to actually win the Cup that pissed me off . Well we certainly won't now.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Christ is this thread going to be derailed too. There are plenty of 'we lost to Lincoln, FA cup vs League threads'.

Buy your feckin Barnsley tickets (when available):thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How do you know we would never have won it? Palace got to the final last year, are they really that much better than us? Apparently yes.

Quite depressing on here today with people actually glad that we're out.

I went yesterday, and wanted us to win, as did everyone else around me, judging by the way we were swearing at the referee and our calamitous defence.

At the same time the priority is promotion, it's not saying the FA Cup was an irrelevance yesterday, as otherwise over 1,300 would not have made the trip, it's not just as important as the matches at Huddersfield or Brentford over the next seven days.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I went yesterday, and wanted us to win, as did everyone else around me, judging by the way we were swearing at the referee and our calamitous defence.

At the same time the priority is promotion, it's not saying the FA Cup was an irrelevance yesterday, as otherwise over 1,300 would not have made the trip, it's not just as important as the matches at Huddersfield or Brentford over the next seven days.
Yes it is! (or rather, was). There are FORTY SIX league games and no team will win them all. Defeats are not the end of the world, whereas a defeat in the Cup and that's it - end. If football matches were currency FA cup games are 'worth' more than league games.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No doubt if we'd have beaten Lincoln and been drawn away to Man Utd we'd have taken a blue & white army of 6,000+ to old Trafford
Next month we play Barnsley away on the same day of Fa cup 5th round, most of us didn't want to progress in cup and would never have won it but would still have taken 6,000 to a big tie game
So if our real cup final is reaching the prem how about we take full allocation 4,000+(Instead of only taking around 1,600) if given by Barnsley, and make oakwell sound like a home game
Come on ladies and gentleman boys & girls a CALL TO ARMS!!!!
Barnsley tickets go on sale this week, lets SELL SELL SELL!!!!

Just a suggestion :thumbsup:

Nice thought, just a shame it won't happen.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Got no problems with you rallying support for what will be just another bog-standard League game, one of the 46, yes FORTY SIX we will play this season. Your efforts to generate interest will be especially useful if instead of going to ****ing Barnsley we could have been at home to Man U in an FA Cup 5th Round match, something we don't do that often - whereas we play 'important' league games in places like Barnsley week in week out.

Is was the statement that we weren't going to actually win the Cup that pissed me off . Well we certainly won't now.

I disagree that it is a bog-standard league game as I base away games on the ease and ability to attend. Barnsley at 3pm on a Saturday is an easy game to get to by train - Barnsley on a Tuesday night would be a no-goer. Likewise it takes away the chance of the Newcastle game being moved again which leaves them with three tough away games in under a week.

theboybilly

Yes it is! (or rather, was). There are FORTY SIX league games and no team will win them all. Defeats are not the end of the world, whereas a defeat in the Cup and that's it - end. If football matches were currency FA cup games are 'worth' more than league games.

There are 19 games left, not 46. Busting a gut to redeem a lost cause yesterday could have possibly resulted in more even injuries and suspensions that could have impacted on a large percentage of our remaining games especially if it had gone to a replay. I was quite happy for Albion to win yesterday and progress using fringe players but the further they did progress reduced the chances of us playing a weakened team. The only way to negate this was to go out (I'm not suggesting this was the plan by the way). If football matches were currency THIS SEASON league games are worth much much more than FA Cup games

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Before yesterday, if someone had offered me the choice of beating Lincoln but loosing to Huddersfield or loosing to Lincoln but beating Huddersfield, I would have taken the second choice. No brainier for me

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
The *mostly* second string players did not do themselves any favours in a game that we really should've won...

But, what did people want Hughton to do? Play Knockeart, Dunk, Duffy, Stockdale etc. and tempt injury to one of them? We are simply too close to the Prem now to take risks like that, and I'm happy we didn't.

Btw, if we carry on our form until the end of the season, almost every weekend will be a glamour FA cup tie :mad:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I appreciate that but if we were playing Man Utd in cup regardless of how skint people were we'd still take over 6,000

Spot on mate.

Anyone that hasn't been to Barnsley before, it has a very big away stand, I would love to see this filled with Albion fans.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

There are 19 games left of the season, and we are potentialy 9 wins away from the biggest financial prize in football. Each and every one of those games is worth more than a 4th or 5th round cup game.

If we could have potentially reached the 6th, the priority would shift and people are suggesting that they wouldn't actually want that, as it puts our promotion in jeapody.

CH fielded a team which let's be honest, should have turned over Lincoln. I couldn't possibly have seen any way that we wouldn't be heading into the next round at HT yesterday, but a series of errors, most notably the penalty incident which clattered Maenpa are things you can't really legislate for. It happens, Lincoln were well up for it and we handed them 3 goals, literally.

I like the cup, I really do and i'm often in disagreements with people who suggest it is meaningless. Having said that, I too am somewhat glad we are out of it. After falling short last season in the cruelest fashion and remembering how I felt, all I want is for us to get over the line this season and find some stability where cup runs will be more than possible in the future.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's a great idea. And, of course, you could make a weekend of it, Barnsley is a fantastic town, a real hidden gem, especially if it's cold and wet.
I was there on a Wednesday night once, I walked into a pub and there was about 8 old grannies playing bingo, the bingo caller was a bloke in drag dressed up just like Lily Savage, giving it all the funny quips and swearing, it was surreal, I love it up north.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I'm up for going- decent day trip and the ground looks like it has some old school charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

We get to play in the FA Cup next year come what may....we don't often have the chance of the Premier league...where we don't just get the chance to play Man Utd but a few other useful sides

Back on topic yes TS you are right

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I might go if it's not raining or too cold , also can the person giving me a lift not bring any bruce bloody springsteen CD's this time , Ta :rock:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's a great idea. And, of course, you could make a weekend of it, Barnsley is a fantastic town, a real hidden gem, especially if it's cold and wet.
I was there on a Wednesday night once, I walked into a pub and there was about 8 old grannies playing bingo, the bingo caller was a bloke in drag dressed up just like Lily Savage, giving it all the funny quips and swearing, it was surreal, I love it up north.

I take it you will be coming then???

For someone who lives in Plymouth you sure like to denigrate other places in the UK :shrug:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I take it you will be coming then???

For someone who lives in Plymouth you sure like to denigrate other places in the UK :shrug:

I am hoping to go yes. Been to a few away games this season which is nice as I have not been able to for a while but kids getting older don't need me around as much, tricky and expensive place to get to though from Plymouth but, for you, I will hopefully go.
Regarding Plymouth, it has its good and bad points like any city, and I do not run down the north, I actually enjoy the difference between the north and south in this country, but poke fun at both, especially some of the ways down here in Devon & Cornwall as well as the snobs in London and SE.
But to be honest I would rather look out over Plymouth hoe,or sit in The Barbican eating and drinking or nip to local beaches like Bigbury and surf or catch bass than many other places I have visited around the country, so I hope that it's ok with you.
Gotta go now I am off for a fun and entertaining afternoon watching Plymouth Raiders play Leeds at the basketball.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I am hoping to go yes. Been to a few away games this season which is nice as I have not been able to for a while but kids getting older don't need me around as much, tricky and expensive place to get to though from Plymouth but, for you, I will hopefully go.
Regarding Plymouth, it has its good and bad points like any city, and I do not run down the north, I actually enjoy the difference between the north and south in this country, but poke fun at both, especially some of the ways down here in Devon & Cornwall as well as the snobs in London and SE.
But to be honest I would rather look out over Plymouth hoe,or sit in The Barbican eating and drinking or nip to local beaches like Bigbury and surf or catch bass than many other places I have visited around the country, so I hope that it's ok with you.
Gotta go now I am off for a fun and entertaining afternoon watching Plymouth Raiders play Leeds at the basketball.

Fair enough:kiss:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk

I'm gutted that we did not win but in all honesty a 2nd tier side usually never wins. When was the last time? West Ham?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here