Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donald J Trump diagnosed as malignant narcissist

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
On the one hand if he allowed refugees / economic migrants in to this country and something bad happened people would be asking for better checks at his borders, now he has closed the borders for a few months so in his own words "He can work out what the hell is going on" people are up in arms about that too, the bloke can't win. He is only trying to make America a safer place. Like I say this will be the issue for the next few days, then people will find other things to get angry about, it doesn't effect you or me personally.

The competition is hotting up for the coveted award of NSCs very own Comical Ali.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
On the one hand if he allowed refugees / economic migrants in to this country and something bad happened people would be asking for better checks at his borders, now he has closed the borders for a few months so in his own words "He can work out what the hell is going on" people are up in arms about that too, the bloke can't win. He is only trying to make America a safer place. Like I say this will be the issue for the next few days, then people will find other things to get angry about, it doesn't effect you or me personally.

Even for you that's insane.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Just to be clear: Iraqi refugee held in cuffs for 17 hours at JFK before being allowed in was an interpreter for US troops during the war. (@JimAxelrod on Twitter)

America first, in the short-term. But how will future interpreter recruitment go? Brainless.

PG

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Just to be clear: Iraqi refugee held in cuffs for 17 hours at JFK before being allowed in was an interpreter for US troops during the war. (@JimAxelrod on Twitter)

America first, in the short-term. But how will future interpreter recruitment go? Brainless.

PG

My mate was held at LAX airport because his name was the same as a person wanted for issues in NI. So even a pasty white Michael Kelly was being held and questioned before being allowed entry.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

PG

Why would they need interpreters?Interventionism has gone the way all the rest of the stupid liberal policies.Anybody going to the USA needs to speak english.You dimbos are so slow to work out times have changed and most people are happy about it.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Why would they need interpreters?Interventionism has gone the way all the rest of the stupid liberal policies.Anybody going to the USA needs to speak english.You dimbos are so slow to work out times have changed and most people are happy about it.

So the 8,400 US troops still in Afghanistan all speak fluent Farsi?

Try and use evidence rather than insults, eh fella?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you're saying that interventionism is a liberal policy, and believe that there will really be no more, yet calling people dimbos? wake up. US will still intervene as and when its in their interests, maybe less overtly, but they still need to have people on the ground to wrk for them on intelligence. and besides the future, they (and us) have a huge moral debt to those foreigners that aid our overseas adventures and become persona non grata.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So the 8,400 US troops still in Afghanistan all speak fluent Farsi?

Try and use evidence rather than insults, eh fella?

Possibly not,but that's what officers are paid to do-learn foreign languages.I managed perfectly well in Arab countries on less than 100 words of the local dialect,and I'm sure the current hi-tech soldier has many translation devices.How about that,fella?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Anyway,Farsi wouldn't be much use in Af-Pashto and Dari are the main dialects.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Possibly not,but that's what officers are paid to do-learn foreign languages.I managed perfectly well in Arab countries on less than 100 words of the local dialect,and I'm sure the current hi-tech soldier has many translation devices.How about that,fella?

That's a valid point. Not so hard, eh? But given that their role is intended to be largely training, I can't believe there isn't an ongoing need for interpreters.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
you're saying that interventionism is a liberal policy, and believe that there will really be no more, yet calling people dimbos? wake up. US will still intervene as and when its in their interests, maybe less overtly, but they still need to have people on the ground to wrk for them on intelligence. and besides the future, they (and us) have a huge moral debt to those foreigners that aid our overseas adventures and become persona non grata.

I refer you to post #34.Most interpreters are pretty well off compared to the locals,it's mainly doubles get left behind.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That's a valid point. Not so hard, eh? But given that their role is intended to be largely training, I can't believe there isn't an ongoing need for interpreters.

How many words do you think you need to train somebody to use a weapon safely.Most training is done with visual aids which have a soundtrack.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Here we go, the invisible man aka Steptoe has spoken.
Jeremy Corbyn calls for Donald Trump to be banned from UK visit until Muslim ban is lifted.
Report in Independent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here