Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get a grip people....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So bloody what, we lost....

We played a second string team, made a few stupid mistakes... Rather today than a league game, we got it out of our system. CH will tell them in no uncertain terms the error of their ways even though deep down he probably knows it will probably benifit us in the long run, knowing who he can trust or even make his mind up that we need extra cover in certain areas.

It's not all bad.

Liverpool, Newcastle even Palace all got stuffed....

Roll on Thursday and the real target promotion.

Now crack open a beer, unscrew a bottle of wine, pour a stiff one, send the wife out to get an take away and smile....

We're Brighton & Hove Albion..... We're top of the league....

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
5 of the 6 midfielders/strikers who started today aren't reserve players and feature in most games.. People using this as an excuse need to wake up. Shocking today.

el punal

Really, not many Brighton fans are that fussed over this result. Embarrassing that we lost to non-League opposition - yes, but our priorities are elsewhere. The worst scenario would have been if we managed to draw and had to endure a replay. We are now out, well done and good luck Lincoln, we move on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems the team didn't give a shit either, fans and players singing from the same hymn sheet it seems

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
5 of the 6 midfielders/strikers who started today aren't reserve players and feature in most games.. People using this as an excuse need to wake up. Shocking today.

The two centre mids aren't first choice anymore. Knockaert wasn't anywhere to be seen, our defence and goalkeeper were all changed and the back 5 were hoofing it for most of the game. If you went to the game then fair enough, you're probably upset but reading anything into the game is idiotic at best.

el punal

I don't think they are using it as an excuse. The fact is we lost to a team who wanted it more and we didn't. Our priority is the League and rightly so. The unfortunate thing in all of this is that the FA Cup is now a much devalued competition from its previous glory days, and that won't change anytime soon.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The two centre mids aren't first choice anymore. Knockaert wasn't anywhere to be seen, our defence and goalkeeper were all changed and the back 5 were hoofing it for most of the game. If you went to the game then fair enough, you're probably upset but reading anything into the game is idiotic at best.

Take Knockaert out for the team and we'd possibly scrape into the top six, there is absolutely no way we would be top. We should be concerned that our back up players got turned over by a non league team...imo.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If it means that CH can use it to warn against the merest hint of complacency then it could be a good thing. The whole squad should be itching to put things right on Thursday.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Take Knockaert out for the team and we'd possibly scrape into the top six, there is absolutely no way we would be top. We should be concerned that our back up players got turned over by a non league team...imo.

Our goalkeeper, back four, two central midfielders and AK have been our main strength. None we're playing today.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Our back up players also beat league 1 mk Dons at a canter.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

AK away from The Amex has not been a 'star' amongst numerous others who have indeed been immense.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Our goalkeeper, back four, two central midfielders and AK have been our main strength. None we're playing today.

We were playing a non league team I reckon we should expect more from back up players to the Championship leaders. I know I am in very small group who feel this way :shrug:

Glamour of the Cup for you, I am quite chuffed for Lincoln

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
A cup run would ultimately accumulate injuries and suspensions, does anyone really want to take the gamble on that, for what would result in say a one off trip to Manchester?

Exactly - although it hurts, today was actually a good result for us. As long as Maenpaa is OK, I'm pretty relaxed. I can't imagine CH will be losing too much sleep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here