Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That was horrendous - we should be embarrassed!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
No excuses: two/three/four internationals on show, Goldson (good enough for the premier league - meh) Chelsea 'hot property', Steven (been there done it) Sidwell, Murray... a truly disgraceful second half from all and sundry. Make no mistake, this is an utter embarrassment and a disgrace to our shirt.

Here's an idea; if you're going to play in a football match - actually try!

It's been a while since I've felt so overwhelmingly angry at a performance, but those players should all donate a weeks wages to charity. Shambolic.

They played with heart, passion, desire and no little talent. So well done to them, but we made it all too easy with that feeble reposte... or lack thereof!

One word for Thursday: momentum.

Today is the day, Chris will come to rue.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, it's been a rotten season....

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
No excuses: two/three/four internationals on show, Goldson (good enough for the premier league - meh) Chelsea 'hot property' Steven (been there done it) Sidwell, Murray... a truly disgraceful second half from all and sundry. Make no mistake, this is an utter embarrassment and a disgrace to our shirt.

Here's an idea; if you're going to play in a football match actually try.

It's been a while since I've felt so angry at a performance, but those players should all donate a weeks wages to charity. Shambolic.

I think you may need to pick up the rattle you threw out of your pram.

We lost a game that, in the long run, means nothing.

We will be back to winning ways on Thursday!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

I think it won't make the slightest difference and that Thursday will be an altogether different occasion.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I agree that it was an embarrassing performance, but the rest is utter nonsense. Our 2nd team put in one shite performance and we lost, I won't be losing any sleep over it. We lost to Walsall in the cup last season with our 2nd team out, that didn't affect our 'momentum' in the slightest.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Embarrassed no. Disappointed yes.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think the overall message was. 'Win if you can but don't over exert yourselves. We have bigger fish to fry.'

They certainly didn't bust a gut for the pride, that's a given.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No excuses: two/three/four internationals on show, Goldson (good enough for the premier league - meh) Chelsea 'hot property', Steven (been there done it) Sidwell, Murray... a truly disgraceful second half from all and sundry. Make no mistake, this is an utter embarrassment and a disgrace to our shirt.

It's been a while since I've felt so overwhelmingly angry at a performance, but those players should all donate a weeks wages to charity. Shambolic.

They played with heart, passion, desire and no little talent. So well done to them, but we made it all too easy with that feeble reposte... or lack thereof!

turn the mattress over love and get them sheets in the washing machine.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Our second team or so called 'strength in depth!' Yep not worth worrying about...

Oh; I take your point re Murray and Norwood?!? Second stringers all day long.

Nah that was an utter pile of poo. Undeniable.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just found this
kTKo7e48c.jpg
Anyone lost one ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't reflect well on the reserves that they got beaten by a non league team. I don't actually care but it sounds like a piss poor result to me, not caring doesn't make it ok :shrug:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Just a cut and paste from what I said on the other thread but...

Can some of the moaners on here just **** right off? It's only an embarrassment if you genuinely feel shamed by it, I'm not buying half of this "We should be embarrassed" bull****. You know what's embarrassing? Having a chance at the big time, for realistic eternal glory that WILL be written into the club's history just as boldly as any of our achievements so far-and some people are more concerned about whining and making a huge deal out of a complete irrelevance. This had to happen, it was for the best whether you like it or not. If we are completely honest, without exaggerating to appear more outraged then we actually are, did Lincoln outplay us? Not really. First half was controlled and good, second half less so but the three goals we conceded were a soft pen, an own goal from a youngster making his first professional start, and a mix-up at the back. These can happen at anytime for no particular reason, and unfortunately they happened all at once today-****ing get over it. The application was never going to be as high as the league (GOOD) but it was hardly unacceptable. If you can't deal with this tiny lapse which let's be honest, is actually much much better for us in the long run-then I suggest you shouldn't be supporting Brighton.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Will this be the catalyst in slumping to the 12th placed finish you predicted?

14th was nearer the mark! 24th on today's showing... AND I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S EVEN MATHEMATICALLY POSSIBLE!

What's happened to my GLORIOUS CLUB!

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to Chris Waddle our back four were awful but how many of them are regular 1st team players? None all stand in plus a 37 year old keeper who has hardly played over the past 2 years or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here