Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lincoln City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
**** sake. All over the back pages for the wrong reason.

Telling that Newcastle got humped too.

Not as bad as Walton and Hersham or Sudbury Town but fecking embarrassing nonetheless.

D

Deleted member 2719

I think all the bedwetting and negatively aimed at our squad is more embarrassing than the result to be honest.

We know all the first team starters / fringe players who played today are more than capable of Championship standard based on what they have achieved in the last season and a half. One dodgy result away from home against a team playing like it was their cup final doesn't change that.

So man for man you were happy with their attitude in trying to show Chris they are hungry for a first team place???

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Nah. It's actually equalled the score when we last lost to Lincoln in the FA cup. I was there when we lost 3-1 with a full strength team.

Fair enough, I wasn't quite old enough to away days back then, just saying it feels a bit more undignified to go out to a non-league than to a league one side.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
To be fair to Goldson and Hunemeier, now that I've calmed down a bit :blush:...
They weren't very well protected by the fullbacks.

Fair point on the full backs, Goldson in particular was pulled way out of position to cover right back. Hunemeier looked rusty but was the pick of a very bad bunch. Goldson had an absolute shocker, aimless passing and panicky. The midfield and attack repeatedly on the back foot second half. If we now see some urgency on bringing in 1-2 new players this could end up being a positive.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hune looked good at the start of the season but I wonder if hughton thought he and Goldson weren't strong enough last season. Hence the singing of the Irish animal

I think Hughton always knew that Goldson is good but maybe not good enough. He broke the club record fee when buying Duffy didn't he ? i do hope that our regular centre backs stay fit............. and we still need that extra striker if Baldock is out much longer.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Makeshift defence. All started going sour when Maenpa went off injured.

Still a very poor result but an insight for CH into which players can step up.

That's the worrying bit-not many. Although maybe they could if the game meant something?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No...but this ineptitude is unacceptable. They wanted it more than us. It may not be a priority but these players should be hanging their heads in shame.

Absolutely this. We should have beaten them and instead we got stuffed. Fair play to Lincoln, wanted it more and
CH should be reading the riot act. Feel very let down albeit I hope Lincoln go even further now.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well done to the idiot behind me who shouted 'wankers' at the team. That was embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What a load of garbage Norwood has been very decent in the league.

He has been ordinary. Only time he has been OK is when he has the class of Stephens alongside him.
Anyway roll on Huddersfield.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Any club that doesn't put out its strongest side in the cup is just telling its players and fans that the result doesn't matter. The club got all it wanted today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here