cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
RIP JOHN HURT
fantastic actor ...one of our best

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I once spent an evening at the next table to him in a pub in Devon. Apparently it was his local - can't recall where it was now as it was 25 years ago.
Seemed a nice, normal guy just sat enjoying a drink with his friends.
Sad loss 😔

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Couldn't sleep last night and when I read this, and you were HOURS ahead of this breaking in BBC and other media, I really couldn't sleep! My favourite actor, perhaps of all time. He will be really missed, his voice as much as anything was the soundtrack to so many of my childhood favourites eg Watership down, Lord of the Rings etc. A great loss, fantastic personality too. The very epitome of a 1-off! Rest in Peace Sir John. X

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Couldn't sleep last night and when I read this, and you were HOURS ahead of this breaking in BBC and other media, I really couldn't sleep! My favourite actor, perhaps of all time. He will be really missed, his voice as much as anything was the soundtrack to so many of my childhood favourites eg Watership down, Lord of the Rings etc. A great loss, fantastic personality too. The very epitome of a 1-off! Rest in Peace Sir John. X

Not that it's of any significance, I'd been out for a meal and was just going to read the Derby V Leicester report in the Mirror, but just saw the report on JH.
Quite sad really :down:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not that it's of any significance, I'd been out for a meal and was just going to read the Derby V Leicester report in the Mirror, but just saw the report on JH.
Quite sad really :down:
I couldn't believe it, didn't want to believe, but knew it was pancreatic cancer and surprised he lived as long after as he actually did. Yes, deeply sad. Lovely sunny day today but got a tear in my eye and somehow it feels strangely gloomy.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This saddens me as much as any of the recent crop of celebrity deaths. He was an acting hero with a superb canon of work. Far too many great pieces to list them all.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
He did some great tv work too. I still vividly remember when he played Quentin Crisp in The Naked Civil Servant. And he was great as Caligula in I Claudius.

Totally agree with both of these calls. I thought his performance in The Naked Civil Servant was one of the best acting performances I've ever seen on TV. Top, top actor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here