Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First boots

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
puma of some sort,funny thing is that brand i never wore as trainers.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Beckenbauer Supers. Marvellous, wasn't it? Jumpers for goalposts, witch hazel, rush goalie, hmmmm, wasn't it?

$_1.JPG

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I had Adidas Beckenbauer - black and white, non of these bright colour monstrosities the kids are wearing these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Exactly the same. Loved em. Much sturdier. No broken metatarsal after a challenge in those days.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I know someone who wore cut down Wellington boots. He went on to play for Brighton and Hove Albion.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Whatever you got off the Kays catalogue.
I was, however, woefully shite at football whatever I wore

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Only 2 real options, both Puma.

Evo Speed for a bit more speed (much lighter), and a bit more precision with the free-kicks/crosses.
Evo Power for a harder shot, more pretection or good old fashioned 'if in doubt' clearance.

I'd also advise going for the MX SG stud design, you can wear them pretty much year round (mix of studs and blades on the boot).

There's been so much development in boots in the past 10 years, they really do make a difference.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Got my first pair in 1964. Second hand (foot?). Brown leather with an outside toe-cap. Currently Nike Tiempo. Yep. Still playing!

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
No idea, I remember being proper excited to get them though, and I also remember the munsters was on channel 4, must have been 1986-7 ish.

My stepdad used to be on Brighton's books in the 50's and he was telling me he used to put his in boiling water before games, or when they were new, my memory is fuzzy!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here