Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Nothing other than this is probably a vital fact to miss out from your anecdote about him being a player we couldn't afford
Perhaps the fact that his style of play is also very similar to GM and Hemed and CH said frequently he was looking for something different up front might also be a clue.

If the poster that claimed wages were the only issue was correct, it would mean that we were looking to bring him in, despite the similarity to current options. The wages are more of an issue than transfer fee, the fees payed for players are not a concern to other players, the wages are, and if Murray, or Hemed were to discover their strike partner was on a million a season more, could cause some issues.
I agree that the new contract would make it more expensive, but I disagree that it would have the same bearing as a high wage, I did not claim we could not afford him, but that we were unwilling to meet his wage requirement.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If the poster that claimed wages were the only issue was correct, it would mean that we were looking to bring him in, despite the similarity to current options. The wages are more of an issue than transfer fee, the fees payed for players are not a concern to other players, the wages are, and if Murray, or Hemed were to discover their strike partner was on a million a season more, could cause some issues.
I agree that the new contract would make it more expensive, but I disagree that it would have the same bearing as a high wage, I did not claim we could not afford him, but that we were unwilling to meet his wage requirement.

And where did you hear all this ?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And where did you hear all this ?

Another poster said that he had had it from an impeccable source, that wages were the issue, £20,000 a week difference in what he was on and what we were willing to pay. He used the term willing to pay which is open to interpretation as to can pay but won't or just can't, I assume that as we were in for other strikers with transfer fees of between 12 and 25 million suggested, that we could pay but would not pay the high wage of Ulloa, who would have been far less in transfer fees. The rest is my opinion, and I think it a reasonable one to hold.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

20k per week is £3.12m over a 3 year contract so if he was considered to be as good and £5m cheaper it would represent good business.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Can we stop looking back at old players?

Apart from Peter Ward, Dean Wilkins, Steve Foster, Bobby Zamora, Steve Sidwell and Glenn Murray, when has it ever worked for us to re-sign an old player?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
SSN reporting Leicester are looking to off load and willing to listen to offers.

Not sure he is the answer, but heck if we can’t get anyone else would he do for now.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think he was at that south American latino bar thing on Friday. The owner put a picture of them both on twitter.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would rather sign Leo than end up with no signing on January 31st.

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Would sooner sign Leo the Lion

MV5BYmEwYTQzMmMtYzJjOS00YjUzLTk1MjItMDg3YjNkNzJmNjY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTYyNDI4MzY@._V1_UY268_CR4,0.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ulloa, respect him as I do, would be a Murray type striker- and Murray is the better option of the two.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
He's barely played in the last year - can't imagine he'd be much of an upgrade ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'd be in the "better than nothing" camp, but can't help thinking we should be able to do better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here