Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Where did you hear this?

Another thread on here, can't remember the poster, but they claimed that they had had it from a very good source that he was wanting to come, but the wage difference was an issue.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Isnt that a question for the manager to decide based on how we play and our formation. My point is if the purchase you are talking about falls through wouldnt it be prudent to go after Ulloa at the 11th hour as he is better than what we have at the moment IMHO..

is that not a question for the manager to decide :moo:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would he not be an improvement on what we have at the moment, with everybody slating GM after yesterdays match.
GM had a poor match, that's all. He doesn't look fully fit, and had an off day. As Westander says, he's similar to Hemed and Murray anyway, we either want different options or a big improvement on the those two, and I don't think Ulloa is much better.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If Baldock gets injured again after his return, I think we should look at replacing him as well, we need a striker who consistently plays, not who is consistently injured.
Don't mean to sound harsh but we have to progress.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Baldock gets injured again after his return, I think we should look at replacing him as well, we need a striker who consistently plays, not who is consistently injured.
Don't mean to sound harsh but we have to progress.
His (Baldock's) contract is up next summer; so, unless he can recover his fitness and make a significant contribution this season (and without further injuries) I imagine we'll be looking to letting him go, so a replacement would definitely be needed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He played for an hour, trouble free, with the u23s last night so I guess he's finally on way back.
Yes, I'd heard he'd played last night. Guess the key thing now is, can he stay fit. Will be interesting to see now whether he can make the step up to PL standard, as the PL is completely new territory to him. Guess that three year contract suggests the club thinks he can.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Isnt that a question for the manager to decide based on how we play and our formation. My point is if the purchase you are talking about falls through wouldnt it be prudent to go after Ulloa at the 11th hour as he is better than what we have at the moment IMHO..

Exactly .. its for the manager and the recruitment team to decide and my assumption is that they feel they can get better !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That being the case, I hope his fitness problems are soon over and he is able to repay the club's faith in him.
He has nothing to repay. Firstly, he's helped get us promoted. And the new contract offer isn't the club doing him a favour, we're protecting our investment too, he's worth a good chunk on money.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I am guessing most players we are interested in would be under contract.

What point is it you are trying to make?

Nothing other than this is probably a vital fact to miss out from your anecdote about him being a player we couldn't afford
Perhaps the fact that his style of play is also very similar to GM and Hemed and CH said frequently he was looking for something different up front might also be a clue.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He has nothing to repay. Firstly, he's helped get us promoted. And the new contract offer isn't the club doing him a favour, we're protecting our investment too, he's worth a good chunk on money.
With his fitness record, I would suggest a three year deal is something of a risk, which I hope turns out to be worthwhile. And who said anything about doing him a favour?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With his fitness record, I would suggest a three year deal is something of a risk
It's a risk our club are taking for the benefit of the club.

And who said anything about doing him a favour?
That's what you implied when saying you hope he can repay the club. That suggests he's indebted to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here