• No

Votes: 45 71.4%
  • Ruel Fox

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The Scouse Tw*t can barely read or write and under normal circumstances would be stacking shelves at Lidl, yes excellent management material...

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The Scouse Tw*t can barely read or write and under normal circumstances would be stacking shelves at Lidl, yes excellent management material...

Rooney's not an academic, but I think he is a little more erudite than common perception of him suggests he is. Remember reading a while back that on away trips, he used to take the box set of the World at War to watch and that he does have an interest in history, probably like a number of kids who didn't really succeed academically but then find themselves more interested in stuff as they get older.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm not sure that's particularly true any more. Certainly, if you look at the Premier League managers right now, all of the following used to be good players and haven't disgraced themselves as managers:

Ronald Koeman
Mauricio Pochettino
Slaven Bilic
Pep Guardiola
Mark Hughes
Antonio Conte

And then in the Championship, all of these guys could play and have not disgraced themselves as manager, save for the odd setback:
Chris Hughton
Jaap Stam
Paul Lambert
Nigel Clough
Steve Bruce

Monk and Jokanovic had decent playing careers too without being particularly top drawer, but still played a lot of top flight matches.

You're always going to get slightly more managers who didn't have a great playing career because their playing career will have ended earlier and so they need a second income, whereas the top players stay on playing for longer and possibly then don't get round to doing their coaching badges until later. But I'd say there are a few more managers at the top end of the game these days who have a good playing career behind them.

This.

I have to say, I'd rather listen to someone who's played the game rather than someone who hasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here