Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're not very good, Fulham are better......

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I really don't think us fulham fans need to worry! Seriously,we are a better side than reading,derby brighton ect. Take note when japp stam and other managers complement fulham. The players are still learning jokanovics system,and there will be mistakes along the way.My only concern would be penalties? and who takes them from now on? I would like to nominate Tom Cairney to take penalties from now on.Cairney will benefit even more as the leader given more responsibilites,i really think so.There is still a long way to go yet,and the likes of brighton showing peak form will slacken off like they did last year.Are they really that good? We know deep down that they are not! Can anyone really say that they are better than fulham? Can anyone say reading are better? If we get our act together and cut out the silly stuff,we can have a good run at the play-offs. I don't feel let down by our players,and i would seriously not want to start giving them negatives at this stage of the season.Believe me,there is nobody more disapointed than Cairney and co right now. I hope they don't take too many negative reviews too bad.We trounced reading last year for petes sake! Fulham players need to learn not to be too predictable,everybody watches video coveridges when they lose to us.Yapp Stam worked out what we do and nulified our play situation this time around.And even then Stams plan shouldn't have worked,but for us missing penalties!!! I won't comment on martin because i really think these knock backs always turn thaemselves around next time,hopefully soon. I think we will hammer a team 6.0 sooner or later,and go on a win win win series of games.Watch this space! I know fulham will turn it around!!!

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/messageboard/we-will-finish-in-the-play-offs-no-worries!!!.aspx#13645

The poor lad. Starts off stating how good they are and that his only concern is not being able to take penalties.

Then in a roundabout way he lists about 6 other negatives about his club

1. Need to get their act together
2. Need to cut out the silly stuff
3 Need to learn to be not too predictable
4 Yap Stam worked out what to do and nullified them
5. Doesn't even want to mention Chris Martin
6. The players are still learning the Manager's system

The poor little chap. He just listed himself why they are not better than the others - Bless him........I am guessing he is 12 - 16 years old but I am watching this space because, he got one thing right. The players don't understand the Manager's system and getting some new ones in might solve that

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be honest, we're all guilty of placing too much emphasis on the odd game - ie, we thought Villa were good because they played well against us, we thought the same about Fulham for the same reason. Any Fulham fan that watched our two games must feel they've been unlucky.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
To be honest, we're all guilty of placing too much emphasis on the odd game - ie, we thought Villa were good because they played well against us, we thought the same about Fulham for the same reason. Any Fulham fan that watched our two games must feel they've been unlucky.

Tis true but we haven't played well since the Norwich game, so Villa, Fulham and others have probably looked better than they really are..

Birdie Boy said:
……

They then pointed out that Bloom can't even afford to buy a longer platform at the railway station! I mentioned that he didn't own the railway so why should he buy one and at least we have a train station within 2 minutes walk of the station and not a half hour trek through a dark muddy park!
……
It might have been worth pointing out that the Club did, in fact, spend a considerable sum on lengthening and widening the platforms at Falmer station.

What stops the option of extending things further to accommodate twelve coach trains is that this would require a complete re-build of Lewes station, at a cost of millions of pounds. To say nothing of the need to match the work with extensions to Moulsecoomb and London Road stations, where the land simply isn't available.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
I don't look at other forums much, but is there a general trend of trawling other team forums to pick out he obviously idiotic posts and then smugly presenting this back on your home team forum as evidence of what deluded idiots XXX's fans are?

I only ask because NSC must represent an absolute GOLDMINE of material.

Yes this is very well put. It's like watching reality television, you feel a bit less of a person afterwards.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
To be fair they did outplay us both games. But we won both of them so that's what it's all about. All this we're better than them stuff is bollocks in the end. If you're as consistent in results as we have been then that isn't luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
It's the mentality of fans from teams who've been in the premier league. They cannot fathom that other teams can be better than them; it's impossible to understand why, Brighton - a team who hasn't played in the top flight since 1983 could possibly be a team on the verge of promotion all the whilst ex-prem teams aren't in the mix.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Here's a thought- it doesn't matter how good your style of play is if you are unable to defend and don't take your chances when they come. Losing your shape when under pressure doesn't help either. There lies Fulham's problem

Last edited:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
How is having a Friday afternoon giggle getting butthurt?!

I'm not singling anyone out but I can pretty much guarantee this will reach double figure pages with many comments along the lines of "what do THEY know". There is more than a little butthurt going around from our quarters.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I know I shouldn't let it but this commentary that Brighton bottled it last year really bothers me.

We got ****ed by Mike D***.

We then lost 4 players due to injury in the first 45 minutes of 180 minute game and with a bit of luck in the second leg might have still won it.

Grrrrrrrr.
It's a phrase that gets to me too.

And I think that's why others like to use it. Fully aware it isn't true. It tends to get a reaction.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yeah they are, Jokanovic is doing a good job and we were lucky to come away with 6 points from our 2 meetings, both games could easily have gone the other way. But over this season so far, we are most certainly a better team to date, better defensive record, better individual players in many positions and i guess most rational fans would agree.

It might have been worth pointing out that the Club did, in fact, spend a considerable sum on lengthening and widening the platforms at Falmer station.

What stops the option of extending things further to accommodate twelve coach trains is that this would require a complete re-build of Lewes station, at a cost of millions of pounds. To say nothing of the need to match the work with extensions to Moulsecoomb and London Road stations, where the land simply isn't available.

I find it disgraceful that we still haven't got the long promised, and much vaunted monorail

Barber out!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's a phrase that gets to me too.

And I think that's why others like to use it. Fully aware it isn't true. It tends to get a reaction.

Yeah. I'm no so much on the obvious trolls but quite few conversations I've had with opposition fans this season that have innocently headed that way. Even some of the pundits and press talk veers quite close to it from time to time.

It's the difference between religiously following a club and being an interested observer I guess.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Yeah. I'm no so much on the obvious trolls but quite few conversations I've had with opposition fans this season that have innocently headed that way. Even some of the pundits and press talk veers quite close to it from time to time.

It's the difference between religiously following a club and being an interested observer I guess.
Thing they don't realise is we actually had to play outstandingly to get into the position in the first place. Falling short was mearly a by product of getting it spot on for so long.

To have 3 teams maintain the standard after that last international break was insane. I think your right though. You probably had to live through it to appreciate it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

There was a bloke in the pub the other day telling me that we'd stuffed it up last year. I'd had exactly the same conversation with him about 2 weeks ago too! He's a Liverpool fan I think.

I work with a Newcastle fan who recently told me he was surprised we were challenging and he'd been expecting Norwich and Weds to be their rivals.

It shows you that many fans have little idea of what's going on outside of their club/league- the ones that think they know are the most annoying.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There was a bloke in the pub the other day telling me that we'd stuffed it up last year. I'd had exactly the same conversation with him about 2 weeks ago too! He's a Liverpool fan I think.

I work with a Newcastle fan who recently told me he was surprised we were challenging and he'd been expecting Norwich and Weds to be their rivals.

It shows you that many fans have little idea of what's going on outside of their club/league- the ones that think they know are the most annoying.

True, I did not expect Huddersfield, Reading and Barnsley to be up there this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here