Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Imps v Seagulls

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It's very strange. Lincoln very excited at the prospect of playing us. Can't quite fathom that in my head - especially given we are going to be playing an entire team of reserves/kids.

You're making the mistake of viewing it from our side. They're very excited at the prospect of BEATING us. The team we're likely to put out increases their chances of making round FIVE - which would be a massive achievement for a National League club.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Good blog Sticky Palmer, haven't got time to read it all at the moment :) but looks very detailed. Should be a real cup game tomorrow, both teams going for it, great crowd, great atmosphere. UTA.

Impressive

Jan 27, 2017
Looking forward to tomorrow. Another ground to tick off and a home sell-out, should be a great day out.

Any pubs to recommend / avoid?

The best pubs are at the top end of the City around the Cathedral and Castle but it is a long walk down to the ground but OK if you arrive early and want to do a bit of sightseeing. A lot of people do the walk down Steep Hill having the odd refreshment on the way.

The Brayford Pool area around the University has a number of waterfront pubs and eateries and is not too far a walk from the ground.

Nearer the ground the Golden Eagle is popular with away fans looking for a decent pint and there is a large Weatherspoons on the High Street towards the city centre from the ground. There are a large number of cheaper food outlets on the High Street near the ground, Kentucky, Pizza shops and others.

There are a few pubs which are popular with home fans on the lower High Street, Golden Cross, Shakespeare and Treaty of Commerce.

As I said in the first part of this post if you have time and have not been to Lincoln before the top end of Lincoln is well worth a visit.

At the ground there is a supporters bar which is open to both sets of fans normally but it can get very busy with a sell out crowd. You can also get decent hot dogs and pork rolls in there and there are TV's showing earlier kick offs. It will be close to where the coaches usually arrive so if you don't want to go further afield then its probably the best place.

Have a good day in Lincoln!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You're making the mistake of viewing it from our side. They're very excited at the prospect of BEATING us. The team we're likely to put out increases their chances of making round FIVE - which would be a massive achievement for a National League club.

Not to mention 100k or so in the coffers.

Sticky Palmer

Jan 27, 2017
Looking forward to tomorrow. Another ground to tick off and a home sell-out, should be a great day out.

Any pubs to recommend / avoid?

I'd steer clear of the High Street and head up into town. Some cracking pubs up Steep Hill and in Cathedral area of the city, only 20 mins walk to the ground.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Lincoln City fans must have experienced similar feelings about their own team, as they slid out of the fourth tier of English football and then failed to bounce back quickly. How good it must feel at the moment to be clearly in recovery. I'm full of admiration for the fans who have stuck with them through thin and thinner. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Mention of that 'Hereford' season, takes us back almost exactly 20 years (last week actually) when we arrived at Lincoln 7 points clear, and soon to be 9. Trouble was then we were 7 points clear at the BOTTOM of the whole Football League!
We were hanging on for a draw and then conceded a very late goal to lose 2-1. That was one of several days that I thought we were done. Following a win at home we would then lose away, repeatedly. Their scorer that day, if I am not mistaken, we later signed as a star striker!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Lincoln fan here. Can't wait for tomorrow, fantastic day in our Club's history, made-up that it's against a famous old club like yourselves. I'm actually going to be sat in the away end with a Brighton fan, but still intend to enjoy the day.

I've written a blog for around 10 years now, pretty much on the underground scene of Non League - actually been to the wonderful Dripping Pan at Lewes this season.

Anyhow, will post blog on here on Sunday evening of my thoughts on the game. Link to blog below:

www.stickypalms.blogspot.com

Have a safe journey to and from Sincil Bank and enjoy the day.

Cheers

Wasn't Ipswich Town famous enough for you? :p

I'm expecting a tough game having watched your 3rd round replay. Hopefully we will have some first team players on the bench incase it's close near the end!

Hopefully we get through and get either Oxford Town, Blackburn Rovers, Blackpool or Rochdale at home.

:ascarf:

Lush

Mods' Pet
7 degrees, absolutely no worries re frost, although been a few this week. Pitch is in fairly decent nick, but not a bowling green like yours.

Also...

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 14.32.36.png

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'd steer clear of the High Street and head up into town. Some cracking pubs up Steep Hill and in Cathedral area of the city, only 20 mins walk to the ground.

Cheers mate. We're coming up on one of the club coaches so will be dropped at the ground. Brisk walk up to the Cathedral then!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lincoln fan here. Can't wait for tomorrow, fantastic day in our Club's history
Nice.
made-up that it's against a famous old club like yourselves.
Really? You beat Ipswich in the last round! I'd imagine it would have been nice if you'd got one of the big clubs.
Anyhow, will post blog on here on Sunday evening of my thoughts on the game. Link to blog below:

www.stickypalms.blogspot.com

Have a safe journey to and from Sincil Bank and enjoy the day.
Cheers. Let's hope for a good game with no injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here