Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Forums - Where are they?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
One thing I meant to comment on, and this thread seems the best place for it, is how refreshing it is that we have not (yet at least) been inundated with Newcastle trolls.

That may well change as we near the end of the season, but compared to Burnley and Boro last year, and Southampton in the L1 season, we've seen very few posters - and those that have posted don't seem to be KNOBS on a wind-up.

I think they have a lot of respect for Hughton so there is no incentive. And they are more interested in seeing Sunderland get relegated of course.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Toontastic is pretty quiet, but I think that's because we've got a higher average age than the other two, but I couldn't back that up with anything more than gut instinct. Our mods are pretty good at making sure there aren't multiple threads about the same thing and we're also fairly intolerant of "Who's in you favourite 11 ever?", "What do you think of this chant I made up", and threads like that, so we tend to put off those kind of users. Unashamedly cliquey most of the users have been on that board (or it's previous iterations) for years so we know how eachother thinks. :lol:

If you wanted to register and have a chat about whatever you'd get a good level of debate, the novelty would make certain of that, and much less petulant teenage fury back at you, as long as you don't just go looking for a wind up. Do the latter and I can pretty much guarantee you'll be rounded on, persist with idiocy and the admin will likely go sniffing around your social media accounts for suitable punishment. :lol:

Newcastle Online is much busier, but mods are more strict, there's more kids who'll tell you to **** off, regardless of your input. You might get a brief chat, but a lot of the replies will be pretty inane.

I never go on toon-forum, so I've no idea what it's like, but it looks pretty busy.

If you see any of our fans on there acting like tools feel free to point it out on here and they'll get rounded on by us too :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Toontastic is pretty quiet, but I think that's because we've got a higher average age than the other two, but I couldn't back that up with anything more than gut instinct. Our mods are pretty good at making sure there aren't multiple threads about the same thing and we're also fairly intolerant of "Who's in you favourite 11 ever?", "What do you think of this chant I made up", and threads like that, so we tend to put off those kind of users. Unashamedly cliquey most of the users have been on that board (or it's previous iterations) for years so we know how eachother thinks. :lol:

If you wanted to register and have a chat about whatever you'd get a good level of debate, the novelty would make certain of that, and much less petulant teenage fury back at you, as long as you don't just go looking for a wind up. Do the latter and I can pretty much guarantee you'll be rounded on, persist with idiocy and the admin will likely go sniffing around your social media accounts for suitable punishment. :lol:

Newcastle Online is much busier, but mods are more strict, there's more kids who'll tell you to **** off, regardless of your input. You might get a brief chat, but a lot of the replies will be pretty inane.

I never go on toon-forum, so I've no idea what it's like, but it looks pretty busy.

If you see any of our fans on there acting like tools feel free to point it out on here and they'll get rounded on by us too :lol:

If someone tries to register the username 'Caskey', just ban him and his ip address immediately. Utter bell-end of the highest order.

You'll like perseus when he gets to you though. A little bit of abstract (read completely hatstand) irrelevance makes a forum special.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If someone tries to register the username 'Caskey', just ban him and his ip address immediately. Utter bell-end of the highest order.

You'll like perseus when he gets to you though. A little bit of abstract (read completely hatstand) irrelevance makes a forum special.
That's cruel foisting him on them. He'll end up costing them tens of thousands like he did our club. St James Park will either get a moat and Ann Summers or he'll get a public enquiry called.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Ultimately all of them are great because they hate the Nigels too, your guaranteed at least one very agreeable thread full joy at the comedy gift that is Palace.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Look further down the page.

idAKwR3.png

Nice pedantry.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Huge club, massive fanbase, but try Googling NUFC message boards and all that comes up is a bunch of underwhelming, low-traffic sites - even the supposed go-to site that is nufc-forum.com.

That surely can't be all that there is. Where is it that Toon fans do their NSC-ing on the internet - any ideas?

Maybe Newcastle fans have got a life :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Must admit, it surprises me that a club the size of NUFC has only got a couple of cliquey tumbleweed forums, and a busy one but mostly infested with childish gobby cockwombles.

I'm biased, obviously. And a bit of a dick. But NSC is easily the best football forum I've seen. The mix of posters, the debate, the random subjects, the humour, the opinion, the in-jokes, the sheer quality of some of the writers on here. Every days a school day on NSC, its RIDICULOUSLY good on here.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Must admit, it surprises me that a club the size of NUFC has only got a couple of cliquey tumbleweed forums, and a busy one but mostly infested with childish gobby cockwombles.

I'm biased, obviously. And a bit of a dick. But NSC is easily the best football forum I've seen. The mix of posters, the debate, the random subjects, the humour, the opinion, the in-jokes, the sheer quality of some of the writers on here. Every days a school day on NSC, its RIDICULOUSLY good on here.

Smug? Nous?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Earlier in this thread some comments about no toon trolls on NSC. Unlike last season with Burnley, Boro, Wendys etc.. my theory for this is them and us are sitting very comfy at the minute with that big gap to 3rd. And of course they want us to go up with them because if anyone else was to catch up on points it would make our promotion campaign so much harder. As it is we want to keep strolling through this league

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Bu they're not at all big, are they? Look at the number of threads started today, and they don't add up to anything like the traffic on little old Brighton's NSC. Most odd...

Maybe Newcastle don't have serial thread starters like Leekbrook Gull, H B & B, and Amex Ruslip. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here