Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Spat at and punched' - Young referee calls for strike

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
B. Is a trick question.
Unless the player has kids size 1 boots, how on earth can both feet be ' completely on the touch line' ?

I suppose the player could be standing sideways. :laugh:

No it's not. B's statement is that you can not cross the line with your feet which is wrong, if your heel is on the line but your toes are on the pitch that is a legal throw.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
B. Is a trick question.
Unless the player has kids size 1 boots, how on earth can both feet be ' completely on the touch line' ?

I suppose the player could be standing sideways. :laugh:
on or behind - so the toes can be on the line and the heels behind.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No it's not. B's statement is that you can not cross the line with your feet which is wrong, if your heel is on the line but your toes are on the pitch that is a legal throw.

I wasn't being serious.
Think about it , does b say completely on the touch line or not?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
C is correct but the point was more how many people would know that for sure. I have seen a parent at an U12 match have a real go at a ref because he "knew" that both feet had to be completely behind the line and the ref was obviously an idiot for not knowing the rules.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I used to referee under 10 matches in Lewes/brighton sunday league in the 1980s. I had passed my referees exam so was a qualified ref.I did not get paid for these matches, nor did I want to. I was doing it to try and get a bit of experience in the game.If the lads did something silly I had a copy of the rules with me and used to show them what they were doing wrong as I thought it was the best way of educating them . however the amount of abuse, sometimes even threatened with violence I got from some of the parents was unbelievable.I ended up giving up. For those constantly moaning about the ref try giving it a go

SAC

May 21, 2014
When you get professional players going apesh'it when they feel that a ball went out for a throw and the linesman doesn't, people see this and replicate it when they play football.

It's something that needs to be stamped out from the top down. Earlier this season we saw players being booked for crowding around a ref, players are still doing it and nothing happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here