Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Cardiff

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Stockdale - 7
Goldson - 6 (better than the last game, but still playing in the wrong position)
Duffy - 8
Dunk - 7
Pocognoli - 7
Murphy - 5
Stephens - 7
Kayal - 6
Knockaert - 7
March - 5
Hemed - 8

Norwood - 6
Sidwell - 6
Skalak - 6 (thought his cameo performance was just what we needed at that stage, would have had him on earlier)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 7
Goldson 7
Pog 7
Dunk 7
Duffy 8 MOTM
Stephens 7.5
Kayal 7
Murphy 6
Knockeart 7
March 6
Hemed 7.5

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Stockdale 8
Goldson 6
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Pocognoli 7
Knockhaert 7
Kayal 7
Stephens 7
March 7
Murphy 6
Hemed 7

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
From the WSU near the centre line 6 = average

Stockdale 8 a couple of misplaced kicks , a couple of excellent saves.
Goldson 5 - far too much back peddling allowing the attacker to come into the box , another night he would have cost us a couple of goals
Duffy 8 - unbelievable block
Dunk 8 - calm, marked for much of the game, sems to me he was designed as last man as he is the fastest of the defenders, some nice upfield intercepts to take pressure away before it happened, one silly push
Pocognoli 7 - steady but could not get forward
Knockhaert 7 - his work rate is incredible, silly booking,
Stephens 8 - a really good CM game
March 6 did not do enough, some good moves but seemed to be out of touch with the game
Murphy 5 did not do enough, some good moves but seemed to be out of touch with the game
Hemed 8 looked classy, slow but held ball up well. did not win enough in air but produced one of the games few pieces of magic to win teh game

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockers 9 - MoM we just expect those 3 or 4 crucial game savers now
Goldson 6
Pocognoli 6.5
Duffy 8.5
Dunk 8
Knockers 8
Stephens 7.5
Kayal 6 - rusty
Murphy 6
March 5.5
Hemed 6 - great finish marks him up

Norwood 7
Sidwell 7
Skalak 6

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stockdale 8 Did nothing wrong
Pocog 6 Fair
Dunk 8 Very Good
Duffy 8 Very Good
Goldson 6 Thought he looked lost at fullback. Wide player went past him with ease. Agree better going forward then last game.
Stevens 8 Good
Kayal 7 Not creative enough
Knockhaert 6 Very poor
Murphy 7 Good always a danger when running at defender
March 7 Def not a central attacker but best he has played in that position
Hemed 7 Thught poor until goal then all forgiven
Knockhaert 6

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 8 Did nothing wrong
Pocog 6 Fair
Dunk 8 Very Good
Duffy 8 Very Good
Goldson 6 Thought he looked lost at fullback. Wide player went past him with ease. Agree better going forward then last game.
Stevens 8 Good
Kayal 7 Not creative enough
Knockhaert 6 Very poor
Murphy 7 Good always a danger when running at defender
March 7 Def not a central attacker but best he has played in that position
Hemed 7 Thught poor until goal then all forgiven
Knockhaert 6

so let me get this right....Poc gets a 6 and is fair.... Goldson and Knockaert get 6 for being lost and very poor.... ?

I dont get it.... im easily confused though...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale 8
Goldson 6
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Pocognoli 7
Knockaert 7
Kayal 7
Stephens 7
March 7
Murphy 6
Hemed 7

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Everyone gets an extra point for their patience and maturity and not getting drawn into their tactics. It was the kind of match that would have seen a Dunk red in the past - what a player he has become this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stockdale's ratings and comments don't quite match NSC's opinion of how Colin's team played. :shrug:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Another below par performance except for a few periods of brilliance, but we got the 3 points which is what matters. And of course three regular starters out, Bruno, Baldock and Murray.

Stockdale 8. Some good saves, but as others have said his kicking was occasionally a bit wayward.
Goldson 6. Not bad considering he's a CB playing out of position. Better than Friday, but backed off too often when he should have challenged.
Duffy 8. Great. Won almost everything in the air.
Dunk 7. Quieter than Duffy, but effective.
Pocognoli 7. Good performance, but not quite up to Friday's level.
Stephens 7. Good, but below his best.
Kayal 6. Not bad considering the length of time he's been out.
Murphy 5. Not good enough.
Knockaert 7. OK, but frustrating at times. Faded towards the end.
March 6. One great shot, but much better on the wing.
Hemed. One great goal, one glaring miss. Otherwise decent enough, but he's no Murray.

Subs:
Norwood 7. Did well when he came on.
Sidwell 6. OK.
Skalak N/A

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Stockdale 8
Goldson 6
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Pocognoli 7
Knockaert 7
Kayal 7
Stephens 7
March 7
Murphy 6
Hemed 7

I would like to be associated with this set of ratings, please.

But I'll add an 8 for Norwood - he was excellent.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As good a place as any, I'd like to make a quick mention of Oliver Norwood.

His first kick of the game was the best of some very good corners.
Followed a couple of minutes later by his assist to Tomer.

He's had his detractors here, and I think it's taken him a fair few games to get into his stride, but he's well and truly there now.

I hope all his work doesn't get completely undone, now the alpha dog is back, because he certainly showed his value last night.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As good a place as any, I'd like to make a quick mention of Oliver Norwood.

His first kick of the game was the best of some very good corners.
Followed a couple of minutes later by his assist to Tomer.

He's had his detractors here, and I think it's taken him a fair few games to get into his stride, but he's well and truly there now.

I hope all his work doesn't get completely undone, now the alpha dog is back, because he certainly showed his value last night.

With you all the way on Norwood. I still think he's either the best, or one of the top three (along with Dunk and Stephens), passers of the ball in the squad. He's set pieces are also the best, better than Skalak's and certainly more consistent than Knockaert's. CH obviously agrees with this, as when Skalak and Norwood are on the pitch, Norwood takes the right-footed deliveries.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I can't agree with some of the comments on here regarding Goldson I'm afraid.

To make it clear, I think he is an excellent centre back and really unlucky not to be getting regular game-time - but he is behind arguably the best two centre backs outside the PL.

I didn't see the SW game but last night he was clearly a fish out of water and not having a genuine full back in that position was a key weakness that could easily have cost us. Defensively he was backing off far too readily when wingers ran at him but the key issue was the dynamic of the whole team as an attacking unit. Warnock had clearly told his players to double up on Knocky and leave Goldson to his own devices on the touchline in their half as he rarely threatened in possession. They almost invited us to pass to him - particularly when Duffy had the ball - who they also left unchallenged in possession, choosing to shut off his passing options (except Goldson) instead.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I can't agree with some of the comments on here regarding Goldson I'm afraid.

To make it clear, I think he is an excellent centre back and really unlucky not to be getting regular game-time - but he is behind arguably the best two centre backs outside the PL.

I didn't see the SW game but last night he was clearly a fish out of water and not having a genuine full back in that position was a key weakness that could easily have cost us. Defensively he was backing off far too readily when wingers ran at him but the key issue was the dynamic of the whole team as an attacking unit. Warnock had clearly told his players to double up on Knocky and leave Goldson to his own devices on the touchline in their half as he rarely threatened in possession. They almost invited us to pass to him - particularly when Duffy had the ball - who they also left unchallenged in possession, choosing to shut off his passing options (except Goldson) instead.

It's probably the fact you didn't see the SW game that you are so critical. He had abit of a nightmare on Friday and last night was an improvement, but yes a weakness both teams tried to exploit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here