Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** off Warnock

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
"I think Brighton will be glad that they don't play us again." - Neil Warnock

Ok Neil... Cardiff weren't a bad side but hardly a threat and nothing like the side they were a few seasons ago... With Murray playing it would have most likely been 2 or 3-0. I'd much rather be playing Cardiff every week than a niggly side like Preston!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This was exactly the game I was expecting from Warnock's Cardiff. They wanted a draw and they almost got it. Great to see Tomer stepping up to the plate, good on him.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Don't understand how anyone can moan about time wasting.

A certain amount of it sure, but they were absolutely taking this piss and the referee failed to control it.

The absurdity of hoilett just before the break and whoever the other was around 20 mark hobbling off, if they were going any slower they'd be walking on the spot. As soon as they got to the touchline, a quick jog and wanting to immediately come back on. The most blatant shit i've seen in a while. Irony being they only added 3 mins to that half (the guy on 20min mark was sat on the pitch for that alone) and somehow stuck 4 on the 2nd. Just can't get my head around added time these days.

Almost felt sorry for the cardiff fans, but with a couple of those songs I got the feeling that's exactly what they deserve to be dished up every week.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Do you think the players enjoy that sort of approach? If I were a pro I'd be gutted if Warnock was my manager, every week you've got to do that? Imagine the training sessions, I bet it's endless time trials to ensure you walk at a set pace when taking a throw in, etc.

I'm wondering what Peter Whittingham's thoughts are?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Warnock. Set his stall out to spend 90 minutes taking goal kicks and throw ins. Cardiff's travelling fans will be disappointed with that effort.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
A certain amount of it sure, but they were absolutely taking this piss and the referee failed to control it.

The absurdity of hoilett just before the break and whoever the other was around 20 mark hobbling off, if they were going any slower they'd be walking on the spot. As soon as they got to the touchline, a quick jog and wanting to immediately come back on. The most blatant shit i've seen in a while. Irony being they only added 3 mins to that half (the guy on 20min mark was sat on the pitch for that alone) and somehow stuck 4 on the 2nd. Just can't get my head around added time these days.

Almost felt sorry for the cardiff fans, but with a couple of those songs I got the feeling that's exactly what they deserve to be dished up every week.
But when we did it at 1-0 the fans loved it. Can't moan when others do it if we're gonna do it as well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My word they made that into a boring, industrial game. Feel for the Cardiff fans travelling all that way (twice!) to watch that dross, and nothing to show for it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But when we did it at 1-0 the fans loved it. Can't moan when others do it if we're gonna do it as well.

You don't get it do you? We dished out some of their shit to them, they fully deserved it, or are you in the Colin camp?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Not my job I'm not Colin, but I felt cheated out of my admission money by a side that turned up NOT to play football.
You must have known going into that match how they were going to play though. I've seen better matches where we haven't won and can say that I'd take tonight's 1-0 over a 3-3 draw.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Warnock is such an ass. He was gesturing and waving and being an utter d1ckhead for most of the game, contesting throw ins that blatently were ours etc.... But then he obviously coached his players into doing the opposite.

I noticed CH have a quiet word with the 4th official a few times when they were upto their time wasting tic tacs.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You must have known going into that match how they were going to play though. I've seen better matches where we haven't won and can say that I'd take tonight's 1-0 over a 3-3 draw.

Nope, can't say I knew, I can't think for their manager. After coming in on a three match winning sequence I expected them to at least feel confident enough to have a go, other than that I can't say I watch Cardiff, much, at all. I'm just glad I was WSU or I may have muscle strain in my neck tonight.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Totally agree. Actually spoilt the game. The justice of them losing is great. And the irony of him and his team and fans moaning when Stockdale time-wasted is brilliant :lol:

I thought our time wasting was pure class. It was 110% meant NOT as time wasting. Stocko is hilarious. However . . . it could have turned into double Schadenfreude had the wierdly-haircutted anti-football supremo and his team of zombies snatched an unlikely equalizer.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
You don't get it do you? We dished out some of their shit to them, they fully deserved it, or are you in the Colin camp?
We'd have done it regardless of whether the other team did it to us or not, it's just what happens in football. Cardiff (Colin) thought the best way to try and get a result against us was to play the way they did and I'm not surprised they played that way.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
They were shitehouse down there
and crapola up here
and I can't stand Colin W

but there's no doubt they were ten minutes away from nicking a valuable point with those tactics

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Warnock is such an ass. He was gesturing and waving and being an utter d1ckhead for most of the game, contesting throw ins that blatently were ours etc.... But then he obviously coached his players into doing the opposite.

I noticed CH have a quiet word with the 4th official a few times when they were upto their time wasting tic tacs.

They had a free kick near the dug outs, first half I think, and the taker was having a good old conflab with his manager instead of taking the kick. Ref did f'ck all, so he didn't feel under any pressure to take it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We'd have done it regardless of whether the other team did it to us or not, it's just what happens in football. Cardiff (Colin) thought the best way to try and get a result against us was to play the way they did and I'm not surprised they played that way.

We'd have wasted time from the first minute? Do you go the the Amex? Just wondering like.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington

Nope, can't say I knew, I can't think for their manager. After coming in on a three match winning sequence I expected them to at least feel confident enough to have a go, other than that I can't say I watch Cardiff, much, at all. I'm just glad I was WSU or I may have muscle strain in my neck tonight.
They played this way in the home game and it's the way Colin sets up, so was safe to assume that it was going to happen. Just don't agree with your statement that it ruined the game for you as we still won.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Special mention for the ball boy in the south east corner towards the end, who, right in front of the Cardiff fans, magnificently wasted time when we had a goal kick. Chapeau.

wonder if it was the same one who did the magnificent job in the 92nd min on Friday, rolled tghe ball about 6 inches towards the Massive player , who then had to walk 6 yards to get it- great ball boys and girls we have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here