Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fikayo Tomori on loan from Chelsea

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
As I mentioned on another thread a couple of days ago, a reliable source close to Bruno has told me that Bruno will play against Cardiff and that his 'injury' meant he couldn't have played last Friday and Tuesday.

He also said that the cup game would give him a chance to rest.

This is a very reliable source and unless Bruno had a reaction in training I expect to see him play tomorrow. However, if it is that 'type' of injury and given Bruno is no spring chicken, there is a chance the injury could get worse and the signing of Tomori seems like a very shrewd move by the club to cover that scenario.

My source was ITK about Ulloa as well and he said that Ulloa made it known he would come back to us but that we could not afford his wages at this present time.

Don't shoot the messenger! This info is about as solid as you can get from someone definitely ITK.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I mentioned on another thread a couple of days ago, a reliable source close to Bruno has told me that Bruno will play against Cardiff
Do you think the club/your source want that published? I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but if I'd been told, I'd keep quiet about it.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Do you think the club/your source want that published? I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but if I'd been told, I'd keep quiet about it.

Bruno was quite happy to share it and the source said it was not a secret. I asked if I could share the info and was told yes so have no problem sharing it. There has also been quite a few people saying that Bruno has been back in training so it seems to be 'out there' anyway.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bruno was quite happy to share it and the source said it was not a secret. I asked if I could share the info and was told yes so have no problem sharing it.
Cool.

There has also been quite a few people saying that Bruno has been back in training so it seems to be 'out there' anyway.
Ok thanks.

synavm

May 2, 2013
He is a decent player actually. I'm not sure he is good enough for Brighton or even the championship, but I've heard people rate him highly.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
been meaning to create an account on here for ages and this signing has prompted me to do so!

Fikayo has always had something about him, I've played with and against him and he is very quick, not the most technically gifted but certainly offers an option against a fast winger or full back and offers much more than Goldson going forward from right-back. In my opinion he is much further in his development than Hunt, both physically and ability-wise.

Very good signing by the club and allows for another option baring in mind the scrapping of the emergency loan system, were there to be an injury crisis or a problem with Bruno or Liam's recovery from their retrospective injuries.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
So far as Bruno goes Hughton seemed happy to discuss the fact that he would be available tomorrow

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm guessing that the Connor Goldson at right back experiment is over ...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I'm guessing that the Connor Goldson at right back experiment is over ...
It should be. A very fine centre-half but no right back. His positional play on Friday showed that. I felt a bit sorry for Hunt. Third choice and still didn't get a game. It was a great night but I thought Hunt should have started.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It should be. A very fine centre-half but no right back. His positional play on Friday showed that. I felt a bit sorry for Hunt. Third choice and still didn't get a game. It was a great night but I thought Hunt should have started.

Maybe CH just thought Hunt wasn't ready for such a big match? Needs more experience, hence the loan move that will no doubt materialise this month.

Besides, we won. So CH made the right choice.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hmmm. Reading more about the lad, we might even get a glimpse of him at Lincoln ???

He's already played for Chelsea first team vs Leicester last season. Seems a bit too strong to be backup. Let's see.

BTW no one has mentioned the possibility of dunk being sold this window for a big fee.?!?.....

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Never. However, good chance he will get a few more yellows and have a 3 match ban before the season is over

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A very talented young international is not replacing hunt I can assure you.....
That is what CH said that it allows them to send Hunt out on loan to develop or are we calling CH a liar.
But he literally is.
Hunt has been a backup option, he hasn't competed for a starting place. I think mr albion is simply suggesting that Tomori is a step above Hunt, and more likely to compete for a starting place rather than just be a backup option.

I doubt Tomori is as good going forward as Bruno, but it's possible he could be a good defensive option in some games.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It would be weird if he didn't play against Lincoln wouldn't it?

I don't think so really. New to the club, new team mates etc. I'd probably expect him in the squad, but I'd be surprised if he started to be honest.

Although. I'd be happy to be proved wrong!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think so really. New to the club, new team mates etc. I'd probably expect him in the squad, but I'd be surprised if he started to be honest.
But who would you expect to play instead? Possibly Rosenior if he was coming back and it was used as a warm up game, but even then we wouldn't play him for 90 minutes if we could avoid it. And there's no point playing Bruno, we know what he can do, he needs to rest. It's the perfect time to try Tomori without risking any points. Of course he could play tomorrow, but other than getting a knock, I can't see why he still wouldn't play on Saturday.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
But who would you expect to play instead? Possibly Rosenior if he was coming back and it was used as a warm up game, but even then we wouldn't play him for 90 minutes if we could avoid it. And there's no point playing Bruno, we know what he can do, he needs to rest. It's the perfect time to try Tomori without risking any points. Of course he could play tomorrow, but other than getting a knock, I can't see why he still wouldn't play on Sunday.

Presumably Hunt? Unless of course he's sent out on loan before Saturday. In which case you may well be right about Tomori starting!

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
But who would you expect to play instead? Possibly Rosenior if he was coming back and it was used as a warm up game, but even then we wouldn't play him for 90 minutes if we could avoid it. And there's no point playing Bruno, we know what he can do, he needs to rest. It's the perfect time to try Tomori without risking any points. Of course he could play tomorrow, but other than getting a knock, I can't see why he still wouldn't play on Sunday.

errrmm... because there isn't a game on Sunday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here