Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley may bid for city status

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Are you saying that no other pubs in any other area other than Crawley have shit pubs or bell ends in them? I think you've lead a sheltered life. You cannot have been to many of these 'estate' pubs if they are ALL dumps.

Some of you that criticise Crawley and Sussex in general should spend a few years living in areas of London and tell me then where you have a better standard of life, you'd find Crawley to be something of a paradise.
Really ? Lived in Crawley for over 20 years in various areas. Try me ?Think that qualifies me in my opinion.

Drinking in Crawley is naff

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I assume you were talking pubs hence I said two have been mentioned in previous posts.

My criticism of Crawley is only about the locals. Most pubs are shit. Apart from that it has plenty of other benefits

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I like Crawley. As others have said it's not a classically beautiful place, but it's functional and not too shabby. Plus it does strive to improve itself and it's not frightened of major development.

Best of all though, being a progressive, forward thinking town it has NO Greens on it's council. That means that Crawley as a whole has a much lower proportion of reactionary middle-class wankers and is far more friendly towards visitors than Brighton.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not one of the country's more obvious candidates, one would think :lol:

The local MP thinks it's worth a go though :ohmy:

http://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/news/politics/could-crawley-become-a-city-1-7783340

(Meanwhile, speaking of uninspiring concrete housing estates, Milton Keynes celebrates the 50th anniversary of its founding today, and is trending on Twitter as a result (#MK50). To commemorate the occasion, they're going to find a much-loved old statue from another town and steal it)

Probably up there with Jaywick, being awarded cultural town for 2017 or the Gaza Strip being one of TripAdvisor top ten places to go! :D

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Oh good the annual slate Crawley thread, for what it's worth, it has its good and bad points.
Ok it's not the prettiest town and yes it has its fair share of degenerates but so do most places, Brighton included, but it has its good points too, lots of open public spaces, lots of amenities, a fantastic leisure centre, and me personally, well I can open the door to my house and stroll straight into tilgate forest and walk for miles or have nice round of golf, a spot of fishing or even some water sports on the lake.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here