Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread FULL of Chris Hughton fist-pumping and saying "You Beauty"

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He is amazing. My favourite manager in over 25 years of watching (even above Steve Gritt). He has so much dignity to behave like that in key goals. He keeps himself in check while the whole bench are leaping around!

My sleep pattern is all over the place with work at moment and often end up working odd hours; however your post brought something back to me. Posting at 2am is always a bad idea but this is actually breakfast before starting work - So not pissed for anyone who might wonder.

The fact that Brighton fans like his restrained celebrations and post positively about it. Norwich fans used to use this as a stick to beat him with . They used to always claim that he wasn't committed as Paul Lambert was because he used to go wild when they scored and CH didn't. Strange how success on the pitch actually changes a fans mindset on a similar event or action.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
First time I've seen Chris get slightly annoyed was tonight. He even had a word with the 4th official!

Annoyed was when Brighton lost 2-0 at Rotherham last year and when Newcastle lost 6-0 or 6-1 in a preseason friendly at Leyton Orient.That was annoyed. Fans nor the press nor anyone for that matter ever see annoyed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fact that Brighton fans like his restrained celebrations and post positively about it. Norwich fans used to use this as a stick to beat him with . They used to always claim that he wasn't committed as Paul Lambert was because he used to go wild when they scored and CH didn't. Strange how success on the pitch actually changes a fans mindset on a similar event or action.
I'm not sure it's solely due to winning games, changing our (my) mindset.
For me the joy I take from CH's restraint goes hand in hand with my respect for the man.

It's taken us a long time to cotton onto his 'antics', because they are what we're used too.

Poyet's histrionics ended up wearing us out, the subsequent 3 managers have all been reserved, which is a fair reflection of ourselves.
All the while, up the road, Pards was making us want to be so far removed from 'celebrity' managers.

Looking forward the only possible fly in the ointment will be the lack of a release.
Garcia went freakin mental at Forest.

If Chris is given the opportunity to run across the pitch, like a man possessed, in a brown polyester suit, and doesn't take it I think many of us will be a teeny-weeny bit disappointed. :lol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not sure it's solely due to winning games, changing our (my) mindset.
For me the joy I take from CH's restraint goes hand in hand with my respect for the man.

It's taken us a long time to cotton onto his 'antics', because they are what we're used too.

Poyet's histrionics ended up wearing us out, the subsequent 3 managers have all been reserved, which is a fair reflection of ourselves.
All the while, up the road, Pards was making us want to be so far removed from 'celebrity' managers.

Looking forward the only possible fly in the ointment will be the lack of a release.
Garcia went freakin mental at Forest.

If Chris is given the opportunity to run across the pitch, like a man possessed, in a brown polyester suit, and doesn't take it I think many of us will be a teeny-weeny bit disappointed. [emoji38]
Yep. I will be.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
My sleep pattern is all over the place with work at moment and often end up working odd hours; however your post brought something back to me. Posting at 2am is always a bad idea but this is actually breakfast before starting work - So not pissed for anyone who might wonder.

Norwich fans still throw stones at the moon???

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Another one for the list.

[tweet]835859516025671682[/tweet]
Understandable that a goal to confirm 3 points and us back on top should cause him a moment of madness.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Another one for the list.

[tweet]835859516025671682[/tweet]

No - that's just not on. I can't help thinking it's in danger of destabilising the atmosphere in the changing room and needs to be dealt with by Barber/Bloom. Such histrionics.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No - that's just not on. I can't help thinking it's in danger of destabilising the atmosphere in the changing room and needs to be dealt with by Barber/Bloom. Such histrionics.
It might be OK as Chris has obviously been working with SB on a choreographed celebration...

"Go with fork-lift, fist bump and turn this week Gaffer - then we'll think of something special for Newcastle..."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We had him in Dougie Freedman. On the field as well as on the touchline. Ah that glorious day at Withdean...

Can we :ban: this **** from posting on every thread that has nothing to do with his grubby little franchise?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It might be OK as Chris has obviously been working with SB on a choreographed celebration...

"Go with fork-lift, fist bump and turn this week Gaffer - then we'll think of something special for Newcastle..."

If that's the case, I'll go along with it. A fist pump with a player motivational edge.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

If there's a "turn" in there, I wonder if they might have been watching the Full Monty. A bit worried about what might come next....... but as long as he keeps his hat on.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Chris is quite simply trying to maintain the Sir Alf Ramsey school of football celebration. He's a man who recognises history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here