Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Mason

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Slightly OT but why do we still have 4 men come on with a stretcher and walk off carrying the player. Why do we not have electric vehicles like golf buggys with a flat back to take an injured player off. Most grounds have an entrance to the ground like we do in the NE corner. Could the time saved be vital in getting them to an ambulance and hospital?
It's cheaper?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Which reminds me how's the Wednesday player that was stretchered off while 'there's fook all wrong with you' was still ringing in his ears?

I hope he doesn't have almost a year out like Solly did after he was stretchered off v Derby.

To be fair that was before the trainers even came on.

Glad to see our fans showed more class than their fans did back in May

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Slightly OT but why do we still have 4 men come on with a stretcher and walk off carrying the player. Why do we not have electric vehicles like golf buggys with a flat back to take an injured player off. Most grounds have an entrance to the ground like we do in the NE corner. Could the time saved be vital in getting them to an ambulance and hospital?

I would imagine firstly that in the middle of winter on a very wet pitch a motorised vehicle could struggle with grip and secondly a player would benefit more from initial treatment in a top of the range medical room at the Amex than in the back of an Ambulance outside the ground.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I note that Ryan was sent to St. Mary's, the same acute hospital that is featured on the "Hospital" programme on BBC2.
Let's hope the lad gets a bed and isn't kept waiting for a life saving operation.
Really hope he is up and about soon.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

While you do see this in American football, the playing surface there is not as important. Having a buggy come on and potentially leave a large mark on the pitch wouldn't be ideal. I did, however, see an image of an ambulance on a football pitch recently, but think that was in exceptional circumstances with someone who was very, very badly injured.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Op
To be fair that was before the trainers even came on.

Glad to see our fans showed more class than their fans did back in May
And who would have known the North Stand was a more effect physician than Harold Shipman!

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Blimey either you've got selective hearing on the acoustics from the North stand really don't work.

He was applauded off the pitch but vilified for pretty much all of the time from the foul to the stretcher being lifted.

Sadly, as well as the applause, there was also some booing as he was being carried off.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I would imagine firstly that in the middle of winter on a very wet pitch a motorised vehicle could struggle with grip and secondly a player would benefit more from initial treatment in a top of the range medical room at the Amex than in the back of an Ambulance outside the ground.

I too have always wondered why at the top level buggys are rarely used.

It always seems a bit strange to see a multi million pound footballer that perhaps has injured his knee or ankle be helped off by a physio and another with some continued stress to the injured area and delivered to a state of the art medical centre and world class medic.

Modern day top tier pitches could handle buggys without damage whilst minimising added stress to the injured area, if living in an environment of tiny advantages and percentages to deal with injured superstars, this seems to be a odd one regularly overlooked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I feel sure that at a not very great expense the wheels on a buggy could be made large enough to act as a roller rather than dig in and make ruts as was done by CPFC many years ago with a Morris Minor after every game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's been forced to retire due to the injury at 26 :(

Poor fella. I hope he can find something he loves doing because he must feel robbed of his dreams.

Ryan has sought the guidance of numerous world renowned neurologists and neuro surgeons who have all advised that a return to competitive football is not advised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here