Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To anyone who thinks beating Cardiff will be easy.....

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
0-0 written all over it, and I'd take that now

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Only a few muppets on here think we're already promoted. CH certainly doesn't, neither do any of the players, he'll keep the players focused only on each game as it comes. Nobody could seriously believe otherwise if they've watched his interviews and press conferences.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's got harder due to Glens red card which it should have been a yellow.
However we got to remain positive please keep up the atmosphere just got my voice back from Friday night.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The main reason Cardiff's recent form against us has been pretty good is a gentleman by the name of David Marshall who always played a total blinder against us. He no longer plays for them which is a good thing. That said, Colin will set up his side to have 11 men behind the ball all the time and to kick the shit out of us so it won't be pretty or easy. I think I read somewhere that Pilkington is injured which, if correct, is also a good thing and will go some way to cancelling out any disadvantage we may suffer if Murray's appeal fails today.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No Albion fan ever takes matches like these for granted, but remember that teams such as Huddersfield and
Leeds have come to us in good runs of form and we've beaten them.

As were Sheff Wed.

Still it doesn't matter too much what we think, I know the manager and the players will treat tomorrow the same as if we were playing Newcastle, which is the important thing.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Cardiff are in good form, but their last two wins have been against teams battling relegation. I think they will be set up to get a draw against us, and it'll just be a case of whether we can take the chances when they come.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
As others have said, we need a goal early. Longer it goes goalless the more confidence they'll get to nick it.

Would be tempted to start March and Kayal.

Agree with this. They are going to employ their 'park and snatch' approach so we need runners to keep them busy/worried and pegged back.
Bring it on, 3-0.
:albion2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Speaking of Cardiff, who else remembers when they had Fabio playing at full back in that game at the Amex?

I don't think I've seen an individual player look so utterly outclassed and bewildered as he did that day against Solly March. Only Dan Harding even comes close. I've just googled Fabio and it appears, astonishingly, that he got a move to the Premier League last summer, albeit only to Boro.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Only a few muppets on here think we're already promoted. CH certainly doesn't, neither do any of the players, he'll keep the players focused only on each game as it comes. Nobody could seriously believe otherwise if they've watched his interviews and press conferences.

Agreed.

Every game in the Championship is tough and as said each game is taken as it comes. I believe we will win as it is at home, but it's far from guaranteed!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Speaking of Cardiff, who else remembers when they had Fabio playing at full back in that game at the Amex?

I don't think I've seen an individual player look so utterly outclassed and bewildered as he did that day against Solly March. Only Dan Harding even comes close. I've just googled Fabio and it appears, astonishingly, that he got a move to the Premier League last summer, albeit only to Boro.

Should have walked if memory serves, some proper cynical fouls.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cardiff City: 'Pressure all on Brighton' - Warnock

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38716970

'Manager Neil Warnock believes the pressure will all be on promotion-chasers Brighton & Hove Albion and Reading when Cardiff City travel to them in their next two games.

Cardiff, who lie 16th in the Championship, travel to Brighton on Tuesday and Reading on Saturday.

The second-placed Seagulls will climb above leaders Newcastle United if they beat the Bluebirds.

"I don't worry about your Brightons and your Readings," said Warnock.

"And that's because we'll give them a good game - are you with me?

"The pressure's all on those teams."

Rhys Healey scored Cardiff's winner against Burton on Saturday while Brighton saw off Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 on Friday night.

Warnock says Brighton's fans will expect their team to win.

He said: "The pressure was on us on Saturday because we had to win the game.

"It will be a great crowd (at Brighton) won't it? And they'll just expect to beat us, won't they, really? As will Reading.

"And I'm usually lucky at Reading."

Tuesday's game at Brighton was rearranged after the clubs' initial attempt to play each other on 30 December was ruined by fog.'

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/championship/form-guide.html

They are only behind us in the form table, plus they are a bit of a bogey team!

Always seems to end in a draw, if we've only got Hemed available tomorrow night then I can see a draw again..

I've not seen anyone say that so not sure what prompted this thread. I went to the game at Cardiff and they were very solid (almost like the away team) and I imagine they will do the same tomorrow. It will be a tough game but we've won so many tough games recently that we have a right to be confident of a win (but that doesn't mean anyone thinks it will be easy).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here