• At home to Bristol City

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Away at Villa

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The problem with the view that promotion is guaranteed is that if it doesn't happen then the expectations raised will turn to recrimination. Such a level of entitlement can tear a club apart in a worst case scenario.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Argh! Please stop this. I may have to start a "predict when the wheels fall off" poll simply to restore good karma.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The problem with the view that promotion is guaranteed is that if it doesn't happen then the expectations raised will turn to recrimination. Such a level of entitlement can tear a club apart in a worst case scenario.

So it probably should do. If we don't go up from here its an epic choke, the likes of which I can't remember seeing in this division, at least not for a settled club. Boro almost did it last year, but then their manager did walk out on them briefly 10 games out. Derby collapsed in a heap last year, but sacking their manager in the winter didn't help. I remember Ipswich collapsing from top to out of the play-offs, but selling their top scorer Marcus Stewart in the transfer window was a ridiculous decision.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
All fans moan about the arrogance of other teams then a poll like this

But all the fans of other Champ teams are also saying we will be promoted. Are they similarly deluded? Being arrogant is the Leeds fans shouting 'Leeds are going up!' when they went 1-0 at Barnsley yesterday. The OP is just being realistic.

For all those saying this thread lessens the chances of promotion...the only way we can influence events, in a small way, is by turning up to games and making some noise. Nothing else is a hill of beans.

PG

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
In five years time, will we be...

Champions of Europe (excluding Leeds United)?
Looking forward to playing Lincoln City in non league football?
Somewhere in the Championship?
Somewhere in the Division 1 or 2?
A going concern?
Bankrupt?
History?
Something else?
Don't Care?
Shut up?

Personally I have always regarded a season where we don't get relegated as being a success, but then I have been a supporter for a long time, and during that period the relatively few ups have tended to be outnumbered by the more frequent downs. Currently this is an "up".

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I agree it would have been good to have Never and PlayOffs as options. But no-one would have voted for them. Not unless they believe in voodoo, karma, lucky pants and jinxing.....oh hang on a minute......

Take a look at yourselves.

PG

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
IMHO the OP is asking us to believe in CH's undeniable 'under the radar' focus on PL football next season. Not exactly a hanging crime. Not prepared to vote myself because I simply don't know or care when we do it, I just believe we will, like the OP.
Don't give a flying f**k about this thread coming back to haunt us, because I don't think it will. I believe we will go up and I will keep turning up and shouting my lungs out for the boys. Thats it, thats what I can do to play my part. #KeepTheFaith.:albion2:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Whether or not we think we are going up for certain or whether we think it is highly likely this is still some what disrespectful to other teams. Why not say "If we go up automatically..." and have an option to vote we'll not make it. Bit disappointing that other fans who may have seen us in a good light could now see us as arrogant.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think he acknowledged he could have added play offs or not at all.
Yes, and I said had he done that then there wouldn't have been a shitstorm. You're commenting on us slating the OP, which we did before he acknowledged another poll option would have been wise.

Either way it's an uneccessary shitstorm when the intent was, I assume, just to start a bit of convo.
Fully justified shitstorm IMO. All chicken counters should be shot.

So why does your profile state Blackburn Rovers 1984

I must admit I forgot there was a profile page. I must have done that years ago. I clearly read it as first Goldstone game!

Anyhow, having been alerted to 'profile' I've just updated my email from one I have not used for best part of 5 years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here