• At home to Bristol City

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Away at Villa

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can you show me where they say we're 100% going up please?

I don't think anyone is saying 100% but the expectation is generally that we will. As an example Grayson said in his pre match interview that he expected us to be in the Prem next year and if I were to pay more attention to 'football shows' and scour the medis I could come up with many similar quotes as I am sure you know

Our odds at the bookies are as short as 1/18 ... so that's not 100% ,but enough that the more optimistic of us can speculate and have a bit of fun with such matters. I just think the OP could be cut a bit of slack over a totally innocuous poll which I didn't find in any sense arrogant

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I know the risk (actually the certainty) that I will be shouted down in a ball of fire for not 'taking one game at a time or being too cocky and counting chickens and all that, let alone opening the opportunity of fans of our promotion rivals so have a binfest at my posting this.

But, we WILL get promoted. But when will it happen?

For me, it will against Wigan on Easter Monday with us having to wait until the final game against Villa to win the title.

At which fixture will we win promotion to the Premier League?

Poll to follow

Shut up....
You can't have been supporting the Albion long to post something like this!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It's really not inconceivable that we could win 8 and lose a couple. I don't think that's disrespectful to any of the other teams in this league. People who are moaning need to enjoy the moment.

Pitch invasion anyone?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I am 100% with the thread starter. I simply do not understand everyone on this thread refusing to accept the fact we are going up, refusing to even talk about it indeed.

1. We are all completely irrelevant in this. What is all this crap about 'not tempting fate', For ****s sake, there are 40,000 of us fans, you one person writing something on a message board is completely irrelevant. And if we don't go up, I can guarantee you its not because of posts like this

2. All of you watch football, go to the games, have done so for years. How on earth, with all that experience, can none of you see what is front of your eyes? - that is a brilliant team and club set-up, a promotion team in every sense.

3. Try and work out what could happen to stop us going up. A sudden, dramatic, squad-wise loss of form? A mass of injuries to the entire first-team squad? A huge run of bad luck and dodgy decisions? A complete collapse of team spirit and morale? Pah, its not going to happen, this team is too good, too together, too focused, too much strength-in-depth to collapse like that, the lead is too big to be overhauled.

My answer to the question, btw, is Wolves :albion:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
6 wins and then AVERAGE a point a game for the remaining matches ( relegation form ) and I reckon we are up.

So the earliest I can call promotion for sure is if we beat Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brentford, Burton, Ipswich, and Barnsley / Reading.

Win those 6 in a row and we are home and dry as far as I am concerned.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think anyone is saying 100% but the expectation is generally that we will.
Check out the OP and poll options. There are 9 options, and they're all that we're promoted.
As an example Grayson said in his pre match interview that he expected us to be in the Prem next year
Expected. Yeah, that's more than 50% chance. Not the same as saying there are 9 possible scenarios, and we're promoted in all of them.
and if I were to pay more attention to 'football shows' and scour the medis I could come up with many similar quotes as I am sure you know
Yeah, many similar quotes that are nothing like the OP.

Our odds at the bookies are as short as 1/18 ... so that's not 100% ,but enough that the more optimistic of us can speculate and have a bit of fun with such matters.
You don't look for the shortest odds, you look for the longest. The shortest odds just means they've taken enough money on that scenario and don't want to take more.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shut the **** up with threads like this, cringeworthy arrogance beyond belief

This. Utterly. Keep our heads down, take it one game at a time. Too many shitferbrains getting WAY ahead of themselves. It could all go pear-shaped over the course of any couple of weeks at any point between now and the end of the season. It only starts to even look like reality when the Teams That Can't Catch Us thread is up and running.

6 wins and then AVERAGE a point a game for the remaining matches ( relegation form ) and I reckon we are up.

So the earliest I can call promotion for sure is if we beat Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brentford, Burton, Ipswich, and Barnsley / Reading.

Win those 6 in a row and we are home and dry as far as I am concerned.

That's not going to happen all the time I've got a hole in My ARSE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Check out the OP and poll options. There are 9 options, and they're all that we're promoted.
Expected. Yeah, that's more than 50% chance. Not the same as saying there are 9 possible scenarios, and we're promoted in all of them.
Yeah, many similar quotes that are nothing like the OP.

You don't look for the shortest odds, you look for the longest. The shortest odds just means they've taken enough money on that scenario and don't want to take more.

I think he acknowledged he could have added play offs or not at all. Either way it's an uneccessary shitstorm when the intent was, I assume, just to start a bit of convo.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm not taking part of this poll way too early, I remember when the Toon blew the title in 1996 they were 12 Pts clear in late January. Please stop these threads

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I love threads like this, an opportunity to make a prediction based on your confidence in your team and a lucky feeling. I hope we get to enjoy the Bristol City game already certain of promotion. It'll be nice to celebrate for 90 mins no matter the outcome of that game

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm not taking part of this poll way too early, I remember when the Toon blew the title in 1996 they were 12 Pts clear in late January. Please stop these threads

I agree. Way too early. Where's the May 2018 option.

I do think we'll do it, but it's certainly way too early to be counting any chickens.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Don't give a monkeys what other fans think. If I did, I would post it on their forum, not ours!

As for not 'having threads like this' if I'm honest, in 35 years of watching Brighton, I have only dreamed of being able to watch them play in the top league. Of course we are going to talk about it happening and speculate on the probability of it. And where better than on NSC?

We should celebrate the fact this is even a discussion point without hiding away and being all miserable, not even daring to contemplate our dreams.

I will not post on this poll until we have won another sixteen yes 16 games.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
3. Try and work out what could happen to stop us going up. A sudden, dramatic, squad-wise loss of form? A mass of injuries to the entire first-team squad? A huge run of bad luck and dodgy decisions? A complete collapse of team spirit and morale? Pah, its not going to happen, this team is too good, too together, too focused, too much strength-in-depth to collapse like that, the lead is too big to be overhauled.

.... :albion:

Injuries?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here