Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your Albion-winning superstition?

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
One that if you forget to do, results in a were loose

Mine: Changing my WhatsApp name to that of an opposition player's (Forestieri for the recent Massive game, for example)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
After 46 years, all superstitions and pre-match rituals have been debunked at some point.
This season, I decided not to worry about anything and just go and enjoy myself.

It's working out just fine so far.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Lucky socks that I've been wearing for two seasons now. Have hardly ever failed. Big holes in them now though so wear an undersock!

This season have added some lucky underwear too.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Too many.
Shower before leaving home.
Same stairs from P&R bus.
Same lottery ticket guy (never win)
Same entrance.
Same till at kiosk.
Same pie & pint order.
Same pants, socks, shoes, scarf, T-Sirt.
Same seat (well it would be anyway).

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I've got 4 bikes. My oldest one has been used to cycle to the Amex ever since the defeat to Ipswich last season. I keep saying I'll use a newer one when we lose - but we never do !
PS I gave it a second chance after Brentford.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just two for me, we park under the same tree at Mithras house, the only time we didn't this season was against Brentford, and I wear the same watch, one I don't really like that much, but it seems to work.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
One that if you forget to do, results in a were loose

Mine: Changing my WhatsApp name to that of an opposition player's (Forestieri for the recent Massive game, for example)

Isn't superstition a haram ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Not buying programme,stopped last season when on roll . Also entering ESU from the northern entrance rather than the southern even though southern is closer and walk right past it .My seat is closest to southern entrance so it means doubling back

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
After 46 years, all superstitions and pre-match rituals have been debunked at some point.
This season, I decided not to worry about anything and just go and enjoy myself.

It's working out just fine so far.

so its your fault we lost at Preston.
Its this sort of wanton avoidance of superstitions that messes with the well rehearsed plans of the rest of us.

you are playing with fire!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
On matchdays I always put my Rotigotine medication patch on my right arse cheek then sing to the dog, "we're the right side, we're the right side............". Then use the left hand stairs to the ESU.

🐕

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Brought a scarf in January last year at the shop at the Amex. We won that day and I wore it when I made it to games. The spell was broken when I wore it at Middlesboro and then at Hillsborough :down:

Current "lucky item" is an old shirt.

Masch

Jan 20, 2017
Brighton
Every home game as the players walk out i kiss the ring (on my finger) 3 times and rub my face. Forgot the ring for the Brentford game :facepalm:

Didn't go to the Reading cup game

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Never shave on day of match. Same blue jack jones boxers and jack jones red socks. Even away games where I don't go.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sit on same side of bus, walk down to North stand with the east stand on my left, quick look at the visitors team coach, go in to ground via the north west entrance and same turnstile.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here