Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your Albion-winning superstition?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Same clothes
Same mugs for tea
Same music in car for duration of undefeated streak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When travelling to the Goldstone in the old n days, I used to sit on the same side of the train.
Nowadays, when travelling to the Amex, by car, I adopt the same sort of approach:wink:
No superstitions really, just an urge for us to win all the time.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
When travelling to the Goldstone in the old n days, I used to sit on the same side of the train.
Nowadays, when travelling to the Amex, by car, I adopt the same sort of approach:wink:
No superstitions really, just an urge for us to win all the time.

Hope you're not the driver-could be deadly if you changed sides :eek:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I only wash my shirt when we lose. This season I must admit I smelled a bit. I actually had to wash it after the qpr game as I missed my mouth with a pint and covered myself in strongbow. I just couldn't go out in public looking like a tramp and very stained but no damage done thus far as I didn't go to PNE.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
When I'm watching on Sky I'm even too scared to move the mouse if we are winning. More paranoid fears than superstition.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I have not seen use lose a game since 14/15 season. I have a season ticket but last season missed the Wolves, Ipswich and Boro games as i was away skiing, and this season i missed the Brentford game as i was down in Bath that weekend.

15/16 season I started going up and over Falmer station via the ramp instead of the stairs because of a knee injury, we kept winning so I kept going up and over the ramp. The only games i have missed since the start of last season are the 4 that we have lost at home.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Cup of tea in my 89/80 vintage Albion mug every match day morning. If an evening game and perhaps working from home then I might permit myself a second mug during the day. The number of cups of tea has no bearing on the score.

Genuinely forgot to have one morning of Newcastle, Brentford and Preston games.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
so its your fault we lost at Preston.
Its this sort of wanton avoidance of superstitions that messes with the well rehearsed plans of the rest of us.

you are playing with fire!

No - I'm afraid that was my fault. Instead of wearing the scarf I normally wear (the one my cousin gave me back in 1977), I wore my warmer one because the weather forecast was so bad. I shall be returning to my usual one.....

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Bairds farm shop sausage rolls, if I buy em and eat them at the Amex Brighton don't lose, if fact only ever one drawn, Preston game and I had to go early as family visiting so left beforearly equaliser. That's got to be at least 15 games now.

Games where they didn't have them ready yet were Derby and Boro last season.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I don't park in Lewes and get the train in. Just done it twice; once for Palace's first game at the Amex, the other for the Palace play off game. Will NEVER park there again

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Have used the same turnstile for over a year now. Nearly went through a different one on Friday, but remembered just in time.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Always leave left parking light on when I park up at the racehill p+r day or night. Also have to have either my errea cap or my Albion beanie.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
One that if you forget to do, results in a were loose

Mine: Changing my WhatsApp name to that of an opposition player's (Forestieri for the recent Massive game, for example)

At Goldstone, Used to be a lucky hole in the hedge we'd walk through in Hove Park. Don't have one at the Amex.

pS what's what's app?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
This season it is the wearing of shorts for a Saturday or afternoon kick off, only time I wore long trousers was the Brentford match. Evening games don't count. Thankfully I cycle to the Amex so wearing cycling leggings underneath the shorts has prevented any hypothermia so far.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here