Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 Games Left - Points Prediction

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
All 3 teams will most likely drop points from the above prediction, but I'm guessing Newcastle to go on a very good run and storming it.
Just hoping Huddersfield drop more points than we do.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never ?? They made it pretty easy for themselves in 2010/11. Promotion secured and all wrapped up with weeks to spare.

Yes, but taken over the last 60 or so seasons, that's rather the exception to the rule. Although I suppose there are quite a few seasons where mid-table mediocrity was nailed on from about February onwards.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
January
Cardiff (H) - 3 (3)

Feb
Hudds (A) - 1 (0)
Brentford (A) - 1 (1)
Burton (H) - 3 (3)
Ipswich (H) - 3 (1)
Barnsley (A) - 1 (3)
Reading (H) - 3
Newcastle (H) - 1

March
Forest (A) - 3
Rotherham (A) - 3
Derby (H) - 1
Leeds (A) - 0

April
Blackburn (H) - 3
Birmingham (H) - 3
QPR (A) - 1
Wolves (A) - 3
Wigan (H) - 3
Norwich (A) - 1
Bristol (H) - 3

May
Villa (A) - 1

---

Puts on 98 points.
Obviously very optimistic.

However, I see it that we can potentially lose 6-8 points from the above wins/draws.

Now only 1 point behind schedule (for the 98 point finish).
14 games left, 1.65 PPG minimum required to finish on 91 points.

Or, 23 points minimum required from 14 games = 7 Wins/2 Draws/5 Losses
Or even better, 8 wins and any other results out of 14 games.

A little more wiggle room after today's result.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Going to be fine .. got something in reserve imo

Football.JPG

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If Hudds had not been on such an amazing run then we would be comfortable, we just need them to have a wobble, I am hoping the cup and fixture pile ups for them has an impact.

Coxovi

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
4 from the next 2 is a tough ask, as is 10 from the next 4, however if we get close to that then we are in a good place. As long as we do not lose either of the next two then I am OK. Agree with many however on the extent that this year is leading to excess nerves.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Interesting to look at Newcastle's fixtures. They have their 'away week from hell' coming up soon (3 games in 7 days against us, Reading & Huddersfield ) followed by Fulham at home (a good away team); could they wobble?

It's their last six games that also interest me. Massive & Dirty will always be tough but they've then got to face some stubborn form sides in the shape of Ipswich, Cardiff, Preston & Barnsley. It'll be very hard to win all six. Another potential wobble opportunity?

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Going to be fine .. got something in reserve imo

View attachment 82306

This made me more nervous than anything else I have seen, I should not have read just before turning light out last night!Huddersfield do not win any of their next 4 but still get 91 points and finish a point behind us. . . If they get 6 points from those 4 which is entirely likely in my opinion, that says they get 93 and finish above us. I feel physically sick with worry now.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This made me more nervous than anything else I have seen, I should not have read just before turning light out last night!Huddersfield do not win any of their next 4 but still get 91 points and finish a point behind us. . . If they get 6 points from those 4 which is entirely likely in my opinion, that says they get 93 and finish above us. I feel physically sick with worry now.

Given I was woken at some unearthly by a barking dog I've been doing more on it.

Rest assured! I gave Derby back the point that I thought we might need earlier in the week (so there's a potential +2 sitting in the bank for us) and I've been looking at Villa a little harder. A bit long winded but their squad should be a match for anyone and I'm sure Bruce will get the new recruits (Hourihane, Lansbury, Hogan) properly settled and I think they will turn things around. Hudders have to play Villa in a few weeks, three days after playing Newcastle. I'm sticking my neck out and reckon Villa will get at least a draw out of that ... so -2 Hudders.

I'm very much a half empty bloke when it comes to BHA but even I'm feeling more than half full right now :)

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
I reckon you'll around 93 points and go up with the skunks, although who takes the title is up for debate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here