Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away kits

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Thanks.
I did wonder who had the bright idea that season to have a second and third kit both containing blue.

Going back to the white 4th kit at Palace, I remember seeing a photo of Palace v Coventry, could have been the following season, but Coventry had a similar sky blue and white striped kit and no change kit was required against Palace.

I still have no idea why we could not have played in the Argentine colors,as regards Coventry it proves it was possible i suppose,still its a memorable shirt now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The same as Barnsley. Vs Leeds . Why can Leeds not wear all white. Against Barnsley's red?

They could have done. I think a club is obliged to enter in to an agreement to wear it's third choice kit a set number of times a season.

This question came to the fore two or three seasons ago, when Norwich turned up at the Amex wearing a peculiar claret kit that not even their own fans had seen them wear before. All down to some obscure agrreement with Errea apparantly.

For the same reason, why did we wear our crimson strip at Fulham recently, when we could have worn the black?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Another thing that annoys me is keepers wearing a similar colour to teams, their own or the opposition. OK, there will be changes of shade etc but there really is no need for it and I'd like refs to check that there's no colour clash before a game.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Another thing that annoys me is keepers wearing a similar colour to teams, their own or the opposition. OK, there will be changes of shade etc but there really is no need for it and I'd like refs to check that there's no colour clash before a game.

In the 'olden days', sorry I'm of an age!, keepers were obliged to wear the same colour shots and socks as the rest of their team, it was just the shirt that was a different colour, though nearly always green.

In fact this was the case until relatively recently, maybe 20 or 30 years ago?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm amazed people get so annoyed about it.

But while we're here (ha), three Albion kits without white/light shorts isn't wise is it?

Had mongrel kits at Fulam and Preston.

Nothing tops the year we had three kits, and all had blue in them. We ended up at Leicester having to wear their away kit.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I can understand all the contractual agreements etc , but for Wolves to wear a lime green kit at Norwich is just plain wrong

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Thanks.
I did wonder who had the bright idea that season to have a second and third kit both containing blue.

Going back to the white 4th kit at Palace, I remember seeing a photo of Palace v Coventry, could have been the following season, but Coventry had a similar sky blue and white striped kit and no change kit was required against Palace.

That season our away kit was that dark red in the stretchy material.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Here's a video of us wearing our away kit at home against reading who are also wearing their away kit due to the clash.

Just a few months after the playoff final and we have a 7k home crowd, blimey, I hadn't recalled it dropping that much. Amazing that we Get such good crowds nowadays

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the 'olden days', sorry I'm of an age!, keepers were obliged to wear the same colour shots and socks as the rest of their team, it was just the shirt that was a different colour, though nearly always green.

In fact this was the case until relatively recently, maybe 20 or 30 years ago?

They used to have a choice of Green Red or Blue with Yellow reserved for internationals. I think, but could be wrong, that Peter Bonnetti was the first to wear Black in a European game saying it would blend in with the crowd behind him so make it difficult for the forwards to see where he was.

Their kit is the only thing I liked about Wednesday.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Boro wearing their away kit at Spurs ???
I didn't understand this, why not the red and white kit?
Shorts look very similar.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They used to have a choice of Green Red or Blue with Yellow reserved for internationals. I think, but could be wrong, that Peter Bonnetti was the first to wear Black in a European game saying it would blend in with the crowd behind him so make it difficult for the forwards to see where he was.

Their kit is the only thing I liked about Wednesday.

I thought White was also available as an option for the keeper, but rarely worn, although I do have a recollection of Shilton wearing white from time to time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here