Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCormack

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Like Rhodes, he is considered a Championship expert and not good enough for the Premier League. He has probably lost interest in the game and is counting the days left in his contract before he can retire to Spain. Villa are stuck with him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Isn't the point that a major contributory factor to our current success is the togetherness of the squad. We are not a team of expensive misfits. The total cost of our squad is probably not too far away from the fee that Villa paid for McCormack. I fail to understand why some would jeopardize that togetherness with someone who is a bit of a mercenary and quite clearly has thrown his toys out of the pram when things haven't gone his way.

The club will buy players that we need and that will fit into that philosophy. We have a formula that is working well for us. Why would we undermine that at this point in the season.

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Isn't the point that a major contributory factor to our current success is the togetherness of the squad. We are not a team of expensive misfits. The total cost of our squad is probably not too far away from the fee that Villa paid for McCormack. I fail to understand why some would jeopardize that togetherness with someone who is a bit of a mercenary and quite clearly has thrown his toys out of the pram when things haven't gone his way.

The club will buy players that we need and that will fit into that philosophy. We have a formula that is working well for us. Why would we undermine that at this point in the season.

Exactly

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I really appreciate your advice but I am a happy man who helps to provide for his beautiful wife and enchanting daughter. They are my life and whilst I make a decent living my job is not my dream, my family is, so please don't spend your energy preaching your dream to other people about which you know little.
Im not preaching at all, your post suggests you felt unappreciated by your employer. If you were content at work you wouldn't of vented on here.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I strongly suspect that the reasons behind McCormack's current position and attitude is that where previously he has been the jewel in the crown, at Villa he has felt unwanted and unvalued.
Right or wrong people need different things to motivate them. Good managers recognise this and treat people accordingly.
Bruce is lacking in that respect.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Cheeky loan bid?

Potentially good goal scorer, but Villa aren't going to be able to offload him to easily after that article- certainly won't re-coup their outgoings.
If exposure to CH and the discipline of our team ethic doesn't make him shape up pretty damn quick, then he can fester behind 4 foot electric gates down here, and if he does suddenly get his act together could certainly make another forward option for us - and bag us a few goals - as we push on.

So, what's in it for Villa? They can save a small part of his wages, and if he does sharpen up we can hand him back to them in a much better state to help with their promotion hopes next season.

No thank you very much. I didn't want him before that article was published, so I definately want nothing to do with him now.

As the great Arsene Wenger said, sometimes when it comes to deciding whether or not to sign a new player, less is more.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds like another Kemy and won't be fit for weeks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No chance we're interested in him. None whatsoever.

Agreed. CH just wouldn't be interested in someone like him.

No chance with Derby in the running. How could he resist the opportunity to be in the world's first ever starting XI comprised entirely of strikers.

HITC are probably the worst for BHA rumours. Seem obsessed with chucking our name in every article somewhere and don't think they've got anything right? Shame, as when Pete O'Rourke was with SKY he was a decent source on twitter. Now he's just a joke...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
HITC are probably the worst for BHA rumours. Seem obsessed with chucking our name in every article somewhere and don't think they've got anything right? Shame, as when Pete O'Rourke was with SKY he was a decent source on twitter. Now he's just a joke...

I don't pay much attention but their general approach seems to be to link as many clubs to as many players as possible. Each story then get shared far and wide by fans of all clubs named, HITC accrue page views that earn well due to their pages being completely overladen with ads.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
According to Sky he's not going back to Fulham. Manager Jocanovic had talks with players and staff and decided he's not wanted.
To be a fly on the wall with those conversations!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here