Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ridiculous Game - Thoughts from an Owl

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Had it then threw it away. Absolutely fuming with the team and some individuals were a disgrace at the end. Fair play you guys completely deserved that win. We were our own worst enemy tonight and that's the first time I've ever seen that from us.

The game itself was fairly even with you guys shading it, then obviously the penalty changed the game. Wasn't a red but was a clear penalty. The fantastic double save from Stockdale should've really kicked us on but we were tame and didn't drive forward enough. You stayed strong and in shape and countered well and with quality. We lost our heads and your revenge was complete. Fletcher was just stupid with the experience he has. Hutchinson was beyond that... I got my leg broken as a youth in a similar tackle to that and therefore can not feel anything other than disgusted and let down. That... after I'd built him up before the game.

It is an underestimated asset to have such a strong team game. Maybe one day we'll get it right.

Let the mockery ensue.

Big balls there fella, hat off to you. A couple of your players should be ashamed, not only for their acts of petulance, but for the consequences for your team. I thought you looked good early doors, and a little fortune brought you back into the game. After half time your players seemed to want to cheat their way to victory by whatever means possible. We got a little lucky, but this season it seems the harder we work the luckier we get!

bigrbuk

May 17, 2016
We'll played, you deserved it more than us. We should definitely have won the game after some massive luck and the penalty, but you were the better team 11v11 and were just more decisive.

Now sod off into autos so we dont have to break your hearts again in the playoffs :)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
They're talking about a forearm to the head though. Did this happen? I was momentarily distracted at the time the replays were being shown straight after the incident, but there's nothing on the Sky highlights other than the girly headbutt from Fletcher.

It was a very slight touch of his forearm against the player as he was rising from the floor. Lets be honest the player would have collapsed as if he had been shot if it was anything worse.

Some on OwlsTalk are just sore that that couldn't beat a 10 man side in the last half hour!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The Hutchinson tackle was an absolute disgrace against a young pro who has only just come back from a year out through injury.

****ing disgusting. He deserves something very bad happening to him.

Oooer, blimey!

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
It was a very slight touch of his forearm against the player as he was rising from the floor. Lets be honest the player would have collapsed as if he had been shot if it was anything worse.

Classic handbags but Fletch did enough to get himself sent off. With his experience he should've known better.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The Hutchinson tackle was an absolute disgrace against a young pro who has only just come back from a year out through injury.

To be fair Hutchinson already retired from football due to terrible injury luck several years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
They're talking about a forearm to the head though. Did this happen? I was momentarily distracted at the time the replays were being shown straight after the incident, but there's nothing on the Sky highlights other than the girly headbutt from Fletcher.

I've watched the highlights quite a few times - can't really see anything, unless there's something from a different angle. Looks to me as though Stephens just stepped in front of him and cleared the ball. Maybe there was a bit of coming together that's obscured?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

Some on OwlsTalk are just sore that that couldn't beat a 10 man side in the last half hour!

To be fair, they seem OK with us but not happy with the management. Maybe they're just a couple of years behind....just don't sack Carvalhal on telly(never happened) and don't get sammy no hopia in to replace his replacement. Gary Rowett would be an ideal choice though....Give massive a bit of credibility

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Watched it on Sky since too. Shocking refereeing in not issuing a straight red - if that's not endangering an opponent, what is?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

90% on owlstalk tonight are very fair, praising Brighton's team spirit and Knockaert. Instead, they're highly critical of many of their players and slow plodding tactics from the cautious manager.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Any injury update on the lad who got stretchered off?

Not had the benefit of seeing any replays, but even a yellow card seemed a bit harsh as thought that Murphy had his eye on the ball

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They just showed it on SSN. Did look like a bit of a thwack in the head.

20170120_232941.jpg

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
They just showed it on SSN. Did look like a bit of a thwack in the head.

View attachment 81334

Oh for God's sake ... Fletcher leapt from the floor intent on some handbags. Stephens looked down to see this oaf looming towards him and put out a hand to fend him off. Beyond laughable to suggest this was worthy of a red card.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Some good banter with old skool Wednesday in The Swan before the game. The 83 SF may have got a mention.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good chatting anyway fellas and ladies. I'm off to watch Blackadder. Night!

:facepalm:
CC could ask Baldrick if he's got a Cunning Plan (B)............

Good match tonight, and OwlsTalk comments were generally pretty reasonable. Cheers! Good luck for the rest of the season.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

That's a bit steep fella, yes a bad tackle and in the heat of battle, but something very bad happening to him... No life's too short for that....

Calm down, no one died and the best team won just...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nobody will openly mock an away fan who posts decent stuff mate & is level headed and honest. Interesting you say Murray shouldn't have seen red as we have split opinion on the other thread.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh for God's sake ... Fletcher leapt from the floor intent on some handbags. Stephens looked down to see this oaf looming towards him and put out a hand to fend him off. Beyond laughable to suggest this was worthy of a red card.

It didn't show this in the highlights to my knowledge - no chance of retrospective action against Dale then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here