DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Beeeeeeeeeeney

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Relative to the level he played at, I still say Kuipers. But it sure feels like Stockdale is a premier league keeper playing in the championship
Kuipers will always be a club legend as will a lot of the players from that Adams/Taylor era, but he is nowhere near Stockdale in terms of ability, IMO. Stockdale won't look out of place in the top division.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
That double save was something else, but it's his character that stands out for me. We've got so many in this squad.

Anyone know his ratio of penalties faced, to goals conceded?
I can think of four that haven't been converted: three great saves (tonight, v Fulham the other week, and at home in that storming 4-3(?) game against Birmingham); and the MK Dons miss away last season.

Bristol City away last season too. Struggling to think of others

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
True yorkshire grit from dave tonight...what a keeper. The best I have seen in 43 years of supporting brighton. What a series of saves!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Grummitt was the best I've seen but Stockdale pushes him very close. He was sensational tonight.

Yeah. I think Grummitt was the best.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If I could be bothered I'd name and shame each person posting here who criticised him at the start of the season for mistakes/being fat etc.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have we ever had a keeper as good as he has been for us this season?

Corrigan past his best when he got here, always like Digweed, Moseley and Keeley but none of them were in Stockdale's class.

I've supported this club since 1980 and I don't think we've had a better keeper than Stockdale this season.

You would have just missed Peter Grummitt. I think Keeley is up there too. I rate Stockdale highly, but I don't think he quite has the command of the other two. Still, outstanding tonight.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Incredible double save. Saw the 1st & was in line with the post for the 2ND. Thought it was in off it & just missed it. Brilliant saves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here