Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how big are MASSIVE Wednesday?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There are no provisions in the FA rules for protecting your face. it was a penalty and a red, because the foul prevented a clear goal scoring opportunity. Stockdale was an absolute beast though

You're ignoring the fact that Stockdale was behind the shot so the handball didn't deny a goal therefore shouldn't have been a red.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I like Wednesday - they've a great footballing tradition there, though they need a lot of updates to their ground and facilities - but I like doing the double over them even more; particularly after the play offs last year.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
You're ignoring the fact that Stockdale was behind the shot so the handball didn't deny a goal therefore shouldn't have been a red.

You are only guessing that Stockdale would have saved it. And the rule says denying a goalscoring OPPORTUNITY, which Murray did. There were no complaints from any of our players. Definite red. Take the one-match ban and move on.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
You are only guessing that Stockdale would have saved it. And the rule says denying a goalscoring OPPORTUNITY, which Murray did. There were no complaints from any of our players. Definite red. Take the one-match ban and move on.

If he hadn't put his hands there his head would have saved it !

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I enjoyed the interview with Carlos after the game. He was absolutely SEETHING and I would not have liked to have been any of the Wednesday :lolol: players. I bet he dished out a MASSIVE bollocking.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/club-statement/

Oh dear, trouble's a'brewin. This has gone down a treat.

For those who don't want to click:

SW.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Massive type size, if nothing else.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Not as massive as Sheffield United

In theory, no.

Although both Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday are bugger clubs than us where history, even relatively recently, are taken into account.

Sheffield United have spent the same amount of seasons outside the first half of the leagues than we have spent in them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can see why a lot of football fans will be outraged by a statement like that. But, at a time where the country – let alone a town, city or community – is divided on all sorts of issues, I think it's actually quite a classy touch.

Agreed. I think it is a pretty decent statement, and could imagine Tony Bloom putting out much the same, in Chasiri's position.

SAC

May 21, 2014
In theory, no.

Although both Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday are bugger clubs than us where history, even relatively recently, are taken into account.

Sheffield United have spent the same amount of seasons outside the first half of the leagues than we have spent in them.

Is that on Broad Street?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Both Wednesday and United are within the Top 20 of clubs with the most seasons in the top division; we're a lowly 50th (ignoring the positioning error in the link...)

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/SEASONS-IN-TOP-FLIGHT----1888-89-to-2009-10.html

Edit: also ignoring the error in the link title - it does give data up to the current season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here