Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT announces price hikes

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
BT has announced prices rises for its broadband and landline services, while television customers will start having to pay for BT Sport.

Broadband charges will typically rise by between 5% and 6% from 2 April, the company said.

From August BT TV subscribers will pay £3.50 a month for BT Sport, which has been free for broadband customers.

Landline customers will see phone plans increase, and the cost of calls will go up by 1p a minute.

Rivals Sky, Virgin Media and TalkTalk have all announced price increases within the last year.

BT said phone rental would be frozen at £18.99, while the cost of a subscription to BT TV will also remain the same.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
This one customer who will be cancelling as I find BT to be disgusting in their constant pursuit of shaftingJoe Ordsinary in the pursuit of maximising profits for shareholders.

Already I am payingfor BT TV ( only for Sky Sports 1 and 2 ) whereas I have no interest in the junk they broadcast as 'entertainment'

What are general thoughts about the best provider of Landline and Internet as I think that is where I shall leave it !

OH and Ernest is absolutely correct !

wokingone

Jul 15, 2003
Exeter
Count me as another leaving as well. Broadband is shit here in Devon. Where are best sports/broadband packages at the moment? Any ideas?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Everyone needs to desert in their DROVES. Until then, live tiddlywinks on the BBC is actually quite good

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
This one customer who will be cancelling as I find BT to be disgusting in their constant pursuit of shaftingJoe Ordsinary in the pursuit of maximising profits for shareholders.

Already I am payingfor BT TV ( only for Sky Sports 1 and 2 ) whereas I have no interest in the junk they broadcast as 'entertainment'

What are general thoughts about the best provider of Landline and Internet as I think that is where I shall leave it !

I've literally (after dithering for a while) just committed to switching over to the Now TV Combo offer. I know I'm giving my money to Sky ultimately (ugh...), but it fits my needs at the best value for money. Plus I can ditch and run if a better deal turns up. It also gives me a TV option I might actually use (definitely will use when Game of Thrones starts up again), as opposed to the BT TV channels I've never used.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
All the others will up their prices as well

Yes indeed if they have not already done so.

What disgusts me is that the service doesn't improve ! For example, we have moved from 'Television' and the to 'High Definition' and now to 'Ultra High Definition' , The b------- have the technology in place but still want to charge us for HD even though things have moved on to UHD.

Additionally, The service (recep[tion) on BT Sport is abominable with regular outages and frequent screw ups of the pixels if anyone understands what I am trying to say. In the past, even SKy was better than that !

SO yes I hope millions of others will cancel their ( upmarket LOL ) "enhanced" TV experience !

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I've literally (after dithering for a while) just committed to switching over to the Now TV Combo offer. I know I'm giving my money to Sky ultimately (ugh...), but it fits my needs at the best value for money. Plus I can ditch and run if a better deal turns up. It also gives me a TV option I might actually use (definitely will use when Game of Thrones starts up again), as opposed to the BT TV channels I've never used.

That indeed and thanks, I will be investigating that !

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I will be off, I don't miss sky and I won't miss BT but had it because of a decent deal with all 3 services.
I don't like BT, I used to work for them so I know how crap they are.
Line rental is a con, bit like national insurance.
It's tricky to find a good deal from others though, they are all crappy con artists ripping everyone off with a poor service.
With streams and pubs, especially multi screen sports pubs there is little use for sky or BT.
If everyone ditched it they would soon change their tune.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Count me as another who's going to quit. I love my MotoGP, but I'm sure I can get by without it.

I've been finding the football increasingly unwatchable due in the main to that Darren Fletcher idiot who seems completely incapable of actually commenting on the game unless the action is taking place in either penalty area.

95% of his (so-called) commentary is meaningless/pointless statistic upon meaningless statistic.

SHUT THE FECK UP AND ACTUALLY COMMENTATE ON THE GAME YOU TALENTLESS KVNTING WAGE THIEF!!!

And as for Howard Webb, don't get me started. What is the fecking point?

Price increase? No thanks! :rolleyes:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think this was always part of the plan.

I ditched subscription sport years ago. NowTV all the way for me, I pick and choose.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton

I have no intrest in European matches so BT is not my choice

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Count me as another leaving as well. Broadband is shit here in Devon. Where are best sports/broadband packages at the moment? Any ideas?

I will agree with that living in Devon as well, it's rubbish, and I keep losing my TV signal on some channels or its all pixilated, utter crap.
Sky & BT are both terrible companies, not had dealings with Virgin but I hear they are not much better.
Letter today saying electricity gone up again it's all such a rip off, now got to sit down as we seem to do every year to find the best deals on TV, broadband, phone, gas & electricity, insurances etc etc.
Why can't we have the right services for the right price and good customer service without being ripped off at every opportunity for the sake of shareholders.
Customers have become a source to rip off rather than being looked after and appreciated in this country.
It makes my piss boil.

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
already cancelled BT Sport ......Prem and FA Cup games I can listen to on the radio and really not interested in Champions League anymore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here