Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police Taser 63 year old race group founder in the face.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They also could have listened to the neighbour that was filming, he told them where the old chap lived and who he was.

I think it was because he started manhandling the WPC though. That was when she fired. Frankly the clue was she was pointing a gun at him. Unless high on drugs or drunk, your got to wonder why he didn't just cooperate instead of being an arse.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Lucky for those two police tw@ts the dog was very good natured and didn't bite them.
Completely uncalled for, two bullies in action here, well done to the neighbour for filming this.

Didn't see it like that's at all. Bully's a bit strong. The man officer was calm, the WPC as a precaution with the taser at the ready but then they never know what to expect and she was stood well back. He simply had a strop on and could easily have made life more easy for himself but decided otherwise. Just don't get why you'd be like this towards a police officer asking you something. He's got loads of baggage evidently. But how or why should the officers know this?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think it was because he started manhandling the WPC though. That was when she fired. Frankly the clue was she was pointing a gun at him. Unless high on drugs or drunk, your got to wonder why he didn't just cooperate instead of being an arse.

The chap filming did try to talk to them before they got to the gate, can't remember the exact words without watching again.
But he did say he knew him.

Maybe the old chap didn't want to cooperate because he wasn't treated with respect.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Didn't see it like that's at all. Bully's a bit strong. The man officer was calm, the WPC as a precaution with the taser at the ready but then they never know what to expect and she was stood well back. He simply had a strop on and could easily have made life more easy for himself but decided otherwise. Just don't get why you'd be like this towards a police officer asking you something. He's got loads of baggage evidently. But how or why should the officers know this?

Loads of baggage?
Source please, no mention in the BBC news link of that.

And bullies isn't a bit strong.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
New Police shouldn't be entirely recruited based on exam results.
There should be a a couple of reaction/situational tests to determine how you deal with a problem when the adrenaline is flowing.

Many people panic and rush to a bad decision with adrenaline, see the woman copper in the vid.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
New Police shouldn't be entirely recruited based on exam results.
There should be a a couple of reaction/situational tests to determine how you deal with a problem when the adrenaline is flowing.

Many people panic and rush to a bad decision with adrenaline, see the woman copper in the vid.

They aren't entirely recruited based on exam results. There are situational judgement tests.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Additionally, the individual should be charged with assisting an offender and wasting police time.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The thing is you have no idea what they are looking for or working on. From this guys perspective he is a law abiding citizen going about his day, and that affords him the right to carry on unmolested.

I think the problem in these cases comes because the police don't tend to politely ask people for their assistance. They tend to demand things of people and are often overbearing and use threats. If they have the right person, not so much a problem, but if they don't then they put the cart before the horse. They are treating someone badly and without respect, someone who deserves both, because they are not involved in any wrongdoing. The fact is it's the job of the police to prove you have done something wrong, it's not your job to prove you haven't. That's how the presumption of innocence works.

If they have reason to believe a person has done wrong, and good reason to believe it, they can make an arrest on the basis of suspicion. If they don't have good reason to believe it, then what they require is that persons help with their enquiries, and you don't get help from people, which is necessarily voluntary, by bullying and threatening them.

I don't disagree with what you are saying but personally every time I have been stopped by police I have always given them my name. Not giving your name out of principle isn't what I would choose to do unless I was bored and had nothing to do that day.

I understand that we are told that we are not obligated to give them our names, but I'm not too sure if it benefits anyone if it is used as a rule. It shouldn't be taken as advice.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Loads of baggage?
Source please, no mention in the BBC news link of that.

And bullies isn't a bit strong.

I would say he's probably (probably) been asked to help with enquiries a few times and that 'baggage' is probably why he got so wound up. If he doesn't have any such baggage then it is even more extraordinary as to why he didn't cooperate. Which caused his tasering. Face it, he's played a huge part in his own downfall. Literally!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The chap filming did try to talk to them before they got to the gate, can't remember the exact words without watching again.
But he did say he knew him.

Maybe the old chap didn't want to cooperate because he wasn't treated with respect.

'Respect' is so highly subjective though isn't it and is this situation it's not unreasonable to cooperate with an officer of the law without them having to fawn all over you. I'm mean they're trying to make your neighbourhood safe! Why not cooperate, why walk away, answer back, have attitude and then man handle a WPC...hmmm, he wasn't exactly a paragon of 'respect' himself. Anyway, he's a complete stranger, I wouldn't get too upset. Years ago wouldn't even have heard about :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Baggage? Did you actually read the article or are you on a wind up? He's been cooperating with the police for years.

Mr Adunbi, the founding member of an independent group between the police and prominent members of the Afro-Caribbean community, said he was "terrified" by what happened.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Baggage? Did you actually read the article or are you on a wind up? He's been cooperating with the police for years.

Mr Adunbi, the founding member of an independent group between the police and prominent members of the Afro-Caribbean community, said he was "terrified" by what happened.
well, if he doesn't have baggage then he's got no excuses. An extraordinary reaction to have. I'm going by what my eyes saw (man handling a WPC, uncooperative etc). shameful behaviour. Inexcusable. Unless you want to get shot. mission accomplished in which case

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Btw, albeit unpleasant, it's meant to be, seen plenty people do for a laugh online. And lots people not go down. Is it really 'terrifying?' Or just 'fecking painful'?! Semantics perhaps, not exactly a tickle I know but it's not deadly force either (generally, I know some people have died...just as some have being handcuffed!)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Lucky for those two police tw@ts the dog was very good natured and didn't bite them.
Completely uncalled for, two bullies in action here, well done to the neighbour for filming this.

If two cozzers can't arrest a 62 year old man without tazers they shouldn't be in the job full stop

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
And this is why a high number of jobsworths end up going down the police route. I love what the police do and have every respect for them on the whole, but you do get the odd one or two like this about. He didn't have to give his name by law and was probably pissed off with once again being targeted via mistaken identity.

Also, nobody seemed to give a shit about the poor dog who was clearly distressed and nearly got run over...
Odd one or two :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If two cozzers can't arrest a 62 year old man without tazers they shouldn't be in the job full stop

Exactly, the female copper couldn't wait to fire that thing. He was hardly a 25 year old 6ft 5 18 stone thug.
A baton round the legs would have taken him down if they were that scared of the chap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here