Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police Taser 63 year old race group founder in the face.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would say he's probably (probably) been asked to help with enquiries a few times and that 'baggage' is probably why he got so wound up. If he doesn't have any such baggage then it is even more extraordinary as to why he didn't cooperate. Which caused his tasering. Face it, he's played a huge part in his own downfall. Literally!

I smell old bill. :thumbsup:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Btw, albeit unpleasant, it's meant to be, seen plenty people do for a laugh online. And lots people not go down. Is it really 'terrifying?' Or just 'fecking painful'?! Semantics perhaps, not exactly a tickle I know but it's not deadly force either (generally, I know some people have died...just as some have being handcuffed!)

It's known as "less-lethal", rather than "non-lethal", which tells you that officers should know that it has the potential to kill, and I think it should be used with that in mind.

Don't police officers have training in how to physically subdue and restrain a person? I can't believe that anyone who is unarmed should have any weapon used against them, physical restraint by a competently trained police officer should be more than enough.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If I am walking down the street and the police ask me my name... I am just going to tell them my name... I don't understand these people who end up being tasered or worse shot to prove a point that they don't have to interact with the police...

Maybe if it's the umpteenth time it has happened then you might get a bit pissed off with it. Just surmising though obviously.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I seem to remember a poll showing a big majority wanting all of the Police to carry guns, mainly due to fear of terrorism. It's a no from me.

*BANG* 'Stop or I'll shoot'

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I seem to remember a poll showing a big majority wanting all of the Police to carry guns, mainly due to fear of terrorism. It's a no from me.

And it's a big no from me. Jesus how can two supposedly fit and well trained police officers not contain and arrest a 62 year old without tazering him in the face. They have misused that weapon and as such should face disciplinary hearings. The man was not a serious threat to them. Awkward yes, but not a threat.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Maybe if it's the umpteenth time it has happened then you might get a bit pissed off with it. Just surmising though obviously.

Quite,yet one could conclude that as i don't go about my business attracting the attention of said police,maybe it's something else.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why would you refuse to tell the police your name?

Probably because it's happened to him before (again, when he was innocent). He was falsely arrested that time. One senses he's had enough of it.

I'm a white middle aged bloke. Funnily enough, it's never happened to me...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Quite,yet one could conclude that as i don't go about my business attracting the attention of said police,maybe it's something else.

By all accounts, neither does he.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would say he's probably (probably) been asked to help with enquiries a few times and that 'baggage' is probably why he got so wound up. If he doesn't have any such baggage then it is even more extraordinary as to why he didn't cooperate. Which caused his tasering. Face it, he's played a huge part in his own downfall. Literally!

Perhaps if you were black and had to go through police harassment just for being black then maybe just maybe you would get fed up with being constantly stopped in the street. I don't think white people such as myself can even begin to imagine just what some people go through just because of the colour of their skin.

This is an absolutely appalling abuse of power. They were arresting him no matter what transpired - The police had judged him and convicted him before these chain of events happened and I have no doubt they made that judgement based solely on the mans appearance. It is an absolutely disgusting chain of events and we are paying their wages to do things like that. Those two officers should never be on the streets again

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps if you were black and had to go through police harassment just for being black then maybe just maybe you would get fed up with being constantly stopped in the street. I don't think white people such as myself can even begin to imagine just what some people go through just because of the colour of their skin.

This is an absolutely appalling abuse of power. They were arresting him no matter what transpired - The police had judged him and convicted him before these chain of events happened and I have no doubt they made that judgement based solely on the mans appearance. It is an absolutely disgusting chain of events and we are paying their wages to do things like that. Those two officers should never be on the streets again

It's not a color thing in totality though,it's personal conduct thing(plenty of ethic people rarely get stopped going to church,work or just about their daily business)this applies to the white feckless feral and long term useless too,hence why i don't get stopped either........act like those i have described and i could..

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

You can't imagine it because it's a rarity.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
so what was it?

Perhaps just being in a position that offers potential conflict maybe.

He's their race relations advisor. That's what makes it so surreal.

It was mistaken identity. But for him it's not the first time. He won a pay out for the same thing a few years ago.

I would put myself in his shoes, unlike those who gave feedback on the Bristol Post article that have made the Argus comments section look like a bunch of apologetic yoghurt knitters. It's happened to him before when he was doing nothing wrong. I would refuse them my identity on principle. I'm totally with the bloke on this.

As for tasering him, blimey, he was against the fence and pushed the officer away in frustration. No-one was in danger.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's not a color thing in totality though,it's personal conduct thing(plenty of ethic people rarely get stopped going to church,work or just about their daily business)this applies to the white feckless feral and long term useless too,hence why i don't get stopped either........act like those i have described and i could..

And how many 63 year old white men on their own in the street have you ever heard about being stopped. Many a drunk white man in their 60s I have seen stagger home dunk looking out of it. Guess how many of them I have seen treated in that manner

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Please God, no.

The reason why gun crime itself is relatively low is because criminals know the Police don't have them in general. (And they are very hard to get hold of).

I'm for the status quo.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
He's their race relations advisor. That's what makes it so surreal.

It was mistaken identity. But for him it's not the first time. He won a pay out for the same thing a few years ago.

I would put myself in his shoes, unlike those who gave feedback on the Bristol Post article that have made the Argus comments section look like a bunch of apologetic yoghurt knitters. It's happened to him before when he was doing nothing wrong. I would refuse them my identity on principle. I'm totally with the bloke on this.

As for tasering him, blimey, he was against the fence and pushed the officer away in frustration. No-one was in danger.

Brilliant stuff :lolol: (in Bold)

So it has happened before? Hmm.....let's assume a coincidence,allowing the first time to be an accident.

Nobody "here" was "there" so to speak and as such can only form an opinion......

Identity,yep they can have mine if required.. their name rank and number of them too would have to be obtained by myself too.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Police handled the situation badly however if the guy had assisted the police with their enquiries like any normal person would he wouldn't have been tasered. For someone who wants to improve relations between the police and the local community he clearly has a chip on his shoulder, is anti police (which for someone in his role is never going to be constructive) and deliberately obstructive. As I said before the police completely mishandled the situation but as with a lot of these situations, if you don't put yourself in such a situation you are much less likely to have any hassle/come to any harm.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
And how many 63 year old white men on their own in the street have you ever heard about being stopped. Many a drunk white man in their 60s I have seen stagger home dunk looking out of it. Guess how many of them I have seen treated in that manner

Quite a few , you need to take your blinkers off and stop trying so hard to exhibit your right on credentials.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here