Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday *** Official Match Thread ***

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Pocognoli - man of the match for me, AK a very close second. Sitting at home here in Spain watching Sky and by myself, well a bottle of Cune Rioja to help, I'm shouting at the TV and there's a dampness in my eyes. Should I be ashamed or worried at 70 years old?

Dampness around the eyes is OK, with you. Very gutsy performance tonight.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
1:52am here, but well worth staying up for .

Tremendous job lads.

6:22am in Bali, an emotional wreck after watching it all on Sky and can't even think about sleeping. Kicked every ball, headed every ball away and commentated on everything too. Knockaert, Stockdale and Pocognoli (buy him?) particular heroes in one of the matches that really may seal it. A great weekend now whatever else happens.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He made up for the loss of Bruno, has a few tricks in the bag and is probably the better crosser.

.....and we've still got Rosenior to come back from a long injury, and two youngsters who are capable of holding their own when chucked in the deep end. We are truly blessed with full backs!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the last four penalties that DS has faced have been missed.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just got in. That was IMMENSE. There was a thread recently about the most mental you've gone for an Albion goal at the Amex. Well, tonight was up there. What a game. What a team. I am destroyed. I love this team.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Just got in. That was IMMENSE. There was a thread recently about the most mental you've gone for an Albion goal at the Amex. Well, tonight was up there. What a game. What a team. I am destroyed. I love this team.

Totally this, just got back, and watched the second half again, what a 50 mins of football. Absolutely massive, massive result. This team is amazing, what character and determination

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Oh my! What a night. I got my ticket late and found myself in the first row of the North Stand for a change. A bit of luck, as Knocky et al did their celebrating right in front of me. It took all my will power not to straddle the concrete barrier and begin dispensing man hugs.

This team really is a bit special. They have a bloody mindedness about them that is just astonishing. They always seem to find a way. That win tonight feels huge right now.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Obviously at the game but great to read the last dozen pages or so of this, lovely stuff!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great read this thread but nobody is being humble enough to admit the biggest thing of the night was to take the field alongside Sheffield Wednesday (first team).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Its unusual but you can hear Friday's whole match radio commentary back again from 5 Live via iPlayer Radio.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08c718n
Conor McNamara does the honours and a certain Matthew Upson is the pundit.
The atmosphere is noisy and fights with the commentary several times. Upson makes a fine pundit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here