Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCOL Kemp Town village .......WHAT ? Please please

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Kemptown Village is a term invented by estate agents to add value to property in the St George's Road area around the original Kemp developments.

To be honest, I would have thought that the OP would be most engaged with such exaggeration.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There is indeed a defined area of Brighton called kemptown village and it is distinct from kemptown.

The former generally goes from old steine to rock gardens /bristol road and the latter goes from there to eastern road at the Arundel road end.

The most seen official use of this is in the policing sections/neighbourhoods of Brighton

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There is indeed a defined area of Brighton called kemptown village and it is distinct from kemptown.

The former generally goes from old steine to rock gardens /bristol road and the latter goes from there to eastern road at the Arundel road end.

The most seen official use of this is in the policing sections/neighbourhoods of Brighton

Timmy spouting attention seeking drivel, surely not?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Seriously, how many more threads do we have to endure from this CJTC of a twunt before he gets a bit of time off?

It's getting all a tad silly now don't you think El Pres?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

That places me in the heart of 'Kemptown Village'. It is a false and commercial imposition. It's historically Kings Cliffe, rather than its new promotional label.

Two gay guys coming down from London, double income and no kids, how are you going to sell it ? Great marketing.

It's old Brighton, houses pre-Victoria. Steeped and intertwined with the towns social and economic development. Kemptown Village ? That is estate agent bollocks and undermines it's relevance to the history of our great town.

To be honest, any discerning DFL would prefer the area based on its history anyway.

That places me in the heart of 'Kemptown Village'. It is a false and commercial imposition. It's historically Kings Cliffe, rather than its new promotional label.

Two gay guys coming down from London, double income and no kids, how are you going to sell it ? Great marketing.

It's old Brighton, houses pre-Victoria. Steeped and intertwined with the towns social and economic development. Kemptown Village ? That is estate agent bollocks and undermines it's relevance to the history of our great town.

To be honest, any discerning DFL would prefer the area based on its history anyway.
When I lived in Burlington Street (back in 1966, before the legalisation of homosexuality), my landlady used to describe the area as "the heart of theatrical Brighton". We all knew what she meant.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Village' in the context of B&H = Estate Agent speak. Everybody likes to think of themselves living in a village. Especially DFLs. Even if it's a no-mark traffic intersection such as Fiveways.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When I lived in Burlington Street (back in 1966, before the legalisation of homosexuality), my landlady used to describe the area as "the heart of theatrical Brighton". We all knew what she meant.

That's a lovely euphemism. I like it :lol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Made up name. How long has it been called ' Kemp Town Village ' ?

That area definitely didn't used to be called that in the 80s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here