Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand - North Stand. Love this chant

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Mt8FOmDTM

Just love it when this one gets going between the North and West. Shame the East don't get involved. Sounds epic from the South/East and shows a lot of the #Together spirit. Lots of WTF looks from the away end. :albion2::thumbsup::albion2:

I enjoy it too. It made me smile at the MK Dons game, when it was, 'we're the west stand we're the west stand, closely followed by, we're the east stand we're the east stand, as the north was closed!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I think it sound awful. Normally only happens when there is a stop in play.

Anything specifically awful? The quality of singing? The volume? Hairstyles? The unified spirit? The lyrics? Fans doing something a bit different?

I think it is great to see other parts of the stadium getting involved with creating a special atmosphere.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Anything specifically awful? The quality of singing? The volume? Hairstyles? The unified spirit? The lyrics? Fans doing something a bit different?

I think it is great to see other parts of the stadium getting involved with creating a special atmosphere.

Hard to put my finger on why I think it sounds awful.

It might be because the song has nothing to do with football. I like it when the whole stadium sings together, just wish it was one of our better songs.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

It might be because the song has nothing to do with football. I like it when the whole stadium sings together, just wish it was one of our better songs.

I agree. It means people aren't watching the football but looking at other stands and then clapping if the stands join in. It's not for me

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It tends to be deployed when sound levels are a bit low and/or there's a break in play or there's not much to cheer about on the pitch.

Seems a good way of revving up the crowd. But of course the singing police will find the usual objections.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

I agree. It means people aren't watching the football but looking at other stands and then clapping if the stands join in. It's not for me

Or it could mean that the game is a bit flat and the NS-WS want to liven it up a bit. The "12th man' is us, and it can lift the players, they certainly won't be looking into the stands thinking 'why aren't they watching us', they just hear the vocal support. As soon as something lively starts on the pitch the singing always stops anyway. To me BHA is a special club, including our fans, so I really enjoy hearing/seeing this. Aaaaaalbion Aaaaaaalbion and SBTS is great, but about the only songs that other stands join in with any gusto.

D

Deleted member 2719

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Mt8FOmDTM

Just love it when this one gets going between the North and West. Shame the East don't get involved. Sounds epic from the South/East and shows a lot of the #Together spirit. Lots of WTF looks from the away end. :albion2::thumbsup::albion2:

Yeah love it, a chance to charge the atmosphere up if it has died down, also it's great to kick the odd Bovril over when standing up, that will teach em.:rock:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Are they? I'm perfectly capable of singing in response to the North Stand while watching the game. It's not hard to watch the game and sing at the same time.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Just a shame it does not follow: North, West, and then finally South, unfortunately many a time North starts, and West and South sing over each other!!
East will never sing!

Sent by WEI Device

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I think the North is louder now, and the West more quiet.

Shame the West can't be as loud as it used to be.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Yeah love it, a chance to charge the atmosphere up if it has died down, also it's great to kick the odd Bovril over when standing up, that will teach em.:rock:

images.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here