Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left back, tomorrow night

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Despite assurances from the Argus earlier ihe week, that all three players who were missing in the defeat at Preston would be back for tomorrow, it now appears that may not be the case.

Certainly Sam Adekugbe was left out of the squad for the postponed game at Pagham last night. Does that indicate he may be required to start againt Wednesday?

I like Sam, but think that he is very much one for the future, not the here and now. I think our left flank will be targeted if he does play.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Despite assurances from the Argus earlier ihe week, that all three players who were missing in the defeat at Preston would be back for tomorrow, it now appears that may not be the case.

Certainly Sam Adekugbe was left out of the squad for the postponed game at Pagham last night. Does that indicate he may be required to start againt Wednesday?

I like Sam, but think that he is very much one for the future, not the here and now. I think our left flank will be targeted if he does play.

He was quite capable but had Skalak in front. Thats what weakend us. Basically Preston could double (even treble up) on Knocky and knew Skalak wouldnt cause any trouble. Im not knocking Skalak Im JUST SAYING thats what happened.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think these next two home games could be absolutely pivotal.

We need a result against the Massive to stop them gaining ground on us, and we need all three points against Cardiff as it's our game in hand. To help us to achieve that, we need our best, and most experienced, players.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I think these next two home games could be absolutely pivotal.

We need a result against the Massive to stop them gaining ground on us, and we need all three points against Cardiff as it's our game in hand. To help us to achieve that, we need our best, and most experienced, players.

With teams around us winning at the weekend, when we lost, it is getting to that stage of the season when EVERY game is pivotal if we want to stay in the top 2.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No worries if Sam has to play. He's done OK in the last two matches. Surely we now have enough left backs to satisfy even BG? Canadian Sam has got to be the best 4th.choice LB this league's ever seen, surely.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No worries if Sam has to play. He's done OK in the last two matches. Surely we now have enough left backs to satisfy even BG? Canadian Sam has got to be the best 4th.choice LB this league's ever seen, surely.

To say he is the best fourth choice this league has ever seen, is a wild assumption!

I too like Sam, but however you look at it, he IS young, and he IS inexperienced at this level. Wednesday will surely target that.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Having either Murphy or March in front of the left back will leave us a lot stronger. I like Skalak but I think either of the other two offer more at the moment both attacking and defensively.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
as good as he may become if he is playing tomorrow then I will probably edge towards Wednesday getting something from the game.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Having either Murphy or March in front of the left back will leave us a lot stronger. I like Skalak but I think either of the other two offer more at the moment both attacking and defensively.

I hope you are right. Let's also hope, that leaving Sam out of the Pagham squad, was no more than a precaution, and that either Bong or ;Pocognolli will be fit in time for tomorrow night.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I hope you are right. Let's also hope, that leaving Sam out of the Pagham squad, was no more than a precaution, and that either Bong or ;Pocognolli will be fit in time for tomorrow night.

I would guess even if one/both of them are fit to start, he is going to be on the bench as a precaution. No way we would go into the game with two LB in the squad who are both coming back from injury.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be happy for anyone of the 3 left backs that we have but would prefer it be Bong and would like to see LR on the bench as cover for either full back if needed or they are having a bad game

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would guess even if one/both of them are fit to start, he is going to be on the bench as a precaution. No way we would go into the game with two LB in the squad who are both coming back from injury.

Exactly. It is common sense not to play him in the Sussex Senior Cup when he played the last league game and may well be needed in the squad tomorrow. Even if he's not in the squad, it is better to not have him play 48 hours before a massive game in case one of the other left backs has an issue in the next couple of days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here