Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v Newcastle: Tuesday 28th February, 7.45pm, live on Sky [unless...]

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Unfortunately I think it will be in March between the Derby and Leeds games, which we could really do without. Hope I'm wrong, mind.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Drum roll please

Tuesday 21st Feb is my bet

TV will want this game and they have a 5 week agreement. It will therefore be after Feb 23rd I presume.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
My money is on Tue 14th March. Only other possibles before then are Wed 8th Feb or Tue 28th Feb but both of these midweeks are possible Cup replay dates so would think these are unlikely.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Is this done between the clubs with FL approval or is it the FL that look at calendar and tell the clubs?

If the former I can see every reason why we want it sooner and Newcastle later .. how do they get over that or do the FL arbitrate?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Albion v Newcastle revised date announced today at 10ish

Is this done between the clubs with FL approval or is it the FL that look at calendar and tell the clubs?

If the former I can see every reason why we want it sooner and Newcastle later .. how do they get over that or do the FL arbitrate?

The quote below is from Paul Barber on the Cardiff scheduling. Basically it seems to be up to the clubs. I would imagine Newcastle requirements are broadly similar to our own so agreement shouldn't be too difficult to find.

"We are obviously aware this is a strike day. There are many such days right now! However, we cannot allow them to disrupt our season from a footballing point of view by creating a pile up of games later on.

As a general rule, postponed league matches must be played within one month of the original fixture date. Our choice was therefore Tuesday 24 or Wednesday 25. Both are strike days.

We have every sympathy with supporters getting to matches on strike days, and unlike most clubs we lay on additional transport services to help, but we must still play our matches within a reasonable timeframe.

I would add that, aside from the EFL's guidance and expectation on when postponed games should be played, the decision is taken between myself, Chris and our opposition, in conjunction with the EFL.

In reality, there are very few options in the second half of the season due to the number of games we must play, the FA Cup, scheduled replay dates, and our own preferences from a footballing perspective.

In this regard, the Tuesday was preferable to Chris than the Wednesday so, on this basis and given that strikes are due for both days
on which we had an option, we went with the manager's choice - which Cardiff agreed to."

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The quote below is from Paul Barber on the Cardiff scheduling. Basically it seems to be up to the clubs. I would imagine Newcastle requirements are broadly similar to our own so agreement shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Thanks, that was interesting.

I'd have thought Newcastle will want to push it out, get Gayle fit and their African Nations players (particularly Diame) back.

Regardless it's been decided now, although not sure why the build up to announcement at 10.00

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here