Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a finer 90s film than The Fugitive?!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No because Tommy Lee Jones won the best supporting actor Oscar over Ralph Fiennes as Amon Goeth in Schindler's List which I think you will find is the GREATEST Oscar travesty of all time imo

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Usul Suspects doesn't make sense, but Jurassic Park does ?

I haven't seen it in years, but my main memory is that the entire fabrication by Verbals is a pointless exercise - he could simply clam up, plead ignorance and walk away. Everything that happens in flashback actually didn't happen, so why embellish it with all the Kobayashe clues for Chaz Palmitieri to work out.

I do like many bits of Usual suspects; all the Del Toro and Baldwin stuff is excellent, and the line up scene is fantastic. I just think the plot itself is internally flawed. :thumbsup:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Can't remeber which comedian said something like...

"I told my girlfriend I was going to watch Schindlers List. She told me I'd need a few tissues, but not even I could find anything to w**k to."

There is a company called Schindler (dunno where it is bit I've seen 'em installed in Swiss railway stations) which makes Lifts!

The joke doesn't work in the US though..

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There is a company called Schindler (dunno where it is bit I've seen 'em installed in Swiss railway stations) which makes Lifts!

The joke doesn't work in the US though..

The lift where I work in Worthing is maintained by Schindlers - the company predates WWII.

Oh, and The Green Mile and Aladdin.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I haven't seen it in years, but my main memory is that the entire fabrication by Verbals is a pointless exercise - he could simply clam up, plead ignorance and walk away. Everything that happens in flashback actually didn't happen, so why embellish it with all the Kobayashe clues for Chaz Palmitieri to work out.

I do like many bits of Usual suspects; all the Del Toro and Baldwin stuff is excellent, and the line up scene is fantastic. I just think the plot itself is internally flawed. :thumbsup:

..and the plot for, nay the whole concept for, Jurassic Park is not flawed.

There is probably hardly a film out there where the plot is not flawed at some point, this does not matter, it's almost expected, so not really worth bringing to the table.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As I get older I get this feeling that the 90s was the last great decade. The cinemas weren't full to overflowing with comic superheroes. Has there even been a musical movement that really took hold since Britpop? Our politicians didn't scorn experts and we were almost blissfully unaware of the ecological shit storm coming down the tracks.

But that's probably just nostalgia talking.

Think you're onto something. After they made LOTR, cinema died...:) There are no great stories left to tell just endless franchised marvel comics and cgi bores

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here