Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a finer 90s film than The Fugitive?!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread has the feel of a 'World's Greatest 90's film' competition.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My top 3 of the 90s:

Point Break
LA Confidential
Jurassic Park

Usual Suspects is the most overrated IMO. Doesn't make sense.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
As I get older I get this feeling that the 90s was the last great decade. The cinemas weren't full to overflowing with comic superheroes. Has there even been a musical movement that really took hold since Britpop? Our politicians didn't scorn experts and we were almost blissfully unaware of the ecological shit storm coming down the tracks.

But that's probably just nostalgia talking.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As I get older I get this feeling that the 90s was the last great decade. The cinemas weren't full to overflowing with comic superheroes. Has there even been a musical movement that really took hold since Britpop? Our politicians didn't scorn experts and we were almost blissfully unaware of the ecological shit storm coming down the tracks.

But that's probably just nostalgia talking.

This is the second time i have heard this sentiment this week. I thought that we were well aware of the problems over the horizon back then.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Carlito's Way. Pacino imperious and Sean Penn just superb. Love it.

That and Goodfellas probably top of the list for me. Although for full on, over the top, drags you in every time fun it's gotta be Independence Day.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This is the second time i have heard this sentiment this week. I thought that we were well aware of the problems over the horizon back then.

You're right. We knew the numbers I guess but it's all starting to feel a little more real now.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You're right. We knew the numbers I guess but it's all starting to feel a little more real now.

Yes, I see what you mean. back then we knew what was likely to happen wheras now we are acutely aware of the problems we have caused ourselves and that we have run/are running out of time to rectify them.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
The Fugitive is tremendous.

Honourable mentions to;

Face/Off
The Rock
Con Air
Die Hard with a Vengeance
Total Recall
Terminator 2 Judgement Day
Independence Day
Desperado
Dusk til Dawn
The Fifth Element
Starship Troopers
Speed

Fack me the 90's was good for an action flick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here