Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Part in History, Gone!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'd like one. Cheaper than Woodvale Cemetery.

Incidentally, there is a separate Memorial Garden at the Amex for memorial plaques, & a place to have ashes interred. Departed fans don't have to be mixed up with the plebs on the wall.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Incidentally, there is a separate Memorial Garden at the Amex for memorial plaques, & a place to have ashes interred. Departed fans don't have to be mixed up with the plebs on the wall.

I want to be scattered onto the pitch from my Upper East seat with the correct wind direction. Apologies to anyone who gets 'gritted' on my way down :D

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Perhaps I'd be upset if they were removing the original ones, as Im credited on one of them, but it just sounds like they're allowing more people to show their support, which is totally fine. Not really sure what the point of this is?

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
What if somebody wanted to purchase one for a dear departed relative but didn't have the funds before? Is their 'heritage' any less valid because they couldn't do so back then? Christ, of all the things to get pissy about.

You can buy tiles for those that die, there is a rememberance part to the wall and it's a great addition to the original concept but that isn't what the post was about, so trying to make out I'm some heartless ******* is wrong.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Given that we ended up with a [not very legible] floor tile outside the west stand AND a heritage tile in the wall I would have said we did OK from the original campaign didn't we? I've no idea whether I received a certificate or if I did, where it is now!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I want to be scattered onto the pitch from my Upper East seat with the correct wind direction. Apologies to anyone who gets 'gritted' on my way down :D

If you are considerate enough to snuff it during a cold snap it will help make the walkways less slippery.

Just saying.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If you are considerate enough to snuff it during a cold snap it will help make the walkways less slippery.

Just saying.

:D

A practical suggestion that has been noted.

They should add that to the Organ Donor Card, 'I would like to help someone after my passing, when you have got all the meaty bits you want then please turn me into grit to help keep the elderly in an upright position!' (link here for anybody who hasn't got one yet! >>https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You can buy tiles for those that die, there is a rememberance part to the wall and it's a great addition to the original concept but that isn't what the post was about, so trying to make out I'm some heartless ******* is wrong.

Of course, I didn't mean to infer that.

But please explain what you mean. It just comes across like a first class passenger whinging because someone without a first class ticket is sitting in your section.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If you purchased a Heritage Stone/ Tile and thought you were part of history, not anymore, the club are going to sell more.
Be Part of It, was the campaign before the staduim opened and those that did like myself were proud to do so, now anyone can do it & heres the real kick in the teeth,
they get a framed certificate in a presentation box, we got a certificate in a brown envelope.
I dare say there are many fans out there who missed the chance first time round & would love to do it, I'd probably do it myself if I hadn't already but don't slap the face of those
that did it originally.

Do you know what that's like.

Its like someone claiming Child Tax Credits for their two kids and saying.

I don't know how that bitch across the road gets away with it. She is claiming Child Tax Credits for her 3 kids and the irony is - her kids are not even as old as my kids''

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Ouch!

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Arguably the most pathetic post since the bloke who wasn't allowed a free shirt because he hadn't remembered to register for one.

God I hate our support sometimes.

You purchased something 6 years ago and don't think it reasonable for the same product to have been repackaged slightly 6 years later?

****ing hell.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My part in history gone? I'm off to find a photo of myself to see if I have disappeared and have to go to a US Dance to get my mum and dad back together. Despite the rumours, we don't need Rhodes where we are going.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Arguably the most pathetic post since the bloke who wasn't allowed a free shirt because he hadn't remembered to register for one.

God I hate our support sometimes.

You purchased something 6 years ago and don't think it reasonable for the same product to have been repackaged slightly 6 years later?

****ing hell.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What’s worse is the snipey attitude of some our support who jump on the band wagon just to have a pop at someone. The forum is here so people can air their views and sometimes that involves gripes about the club. There are plenty of threads about the club overcharging or taking the p1ss, and whether they’re right or wrong everyone has a right to put their grievances out there especially if they’ve paid for something. I find it an ironic suggestion from some of the responses that suggest the OP should get over himself. If you don’t like people having a moan, what on earth are you doing on a fans football forum?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
What’s worse is the snipey attitude of some our support who jump on the band wagon just to have a pop at someone. The forum is here so people can air their views and sometimes that involves gripes about the club. There are plenty of threads about the club overcharging or taking the p1ss, and whether they’re right or wrong everyone has a right to put their grievances out there especially if they’ve paid for something. I find it an ironic suggestion from some of the responses that suggest the OP should get over himself. If you don’t like people having a moan, what on earth are you doing on a fans football forum?

I'm on a fans football forum airing my view on that blokes view. What are you doing here?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here