Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Part in History, Gone!

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
What’s worse is the snipey attitude of some our support who jump on the band wagon just to have a pop at someone. The forum is here so people can air their views and sometimes that involves gripes about the club. There are plenty of threads about the club overcharging or taking the p1ss, and whether they’re right or wrong everyone has a right to put their grievances out there especially if they’ve paid for something. I find it an ironic suggestion from some of the responses that suggest the OP should get over himself. If you don’t like people having a moan, what on earth are you doing on a fans football forum?
On the contrary I love a whinge up, but one that has at least a bit of substance

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What’s worse is the snipey attitude of some our support who jump on the band wagon just to have a pop at someone. The forum is here so people can air their views and sometimes that involves gripes about the club. There are plenty of threads about the club overcharging or taking the p1ss, and whether they’re right or wrong everyone has a right to put their grievances out there especially if they’ve paid for something. I find it an ironic suggestion from some of the responses that suggest the OP should get over himself. If you don’t like people having a moan, what on earth are you doing on a fans football forum?
Be nice to each other.

hands280.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What happened to the SEAT Dick Tight promised ME ?

YES. You are bloody right Ernest. And I was told that there was enough room in front of my seat so anyone needing to pass to have a piss or get a beer early for me not to have to swivel sideways or stand up.....fecking disgraceful marketing by bloom and his cronie, obergruppenfuhrer perry!

Sack the bored.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
On the contrary I love a whinge up, but one that has at least a bit of substance

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Having a whinge is fair enough, I think that's partly what the forums are for. But if you don't agree with the guy just tell him why, I don't like seeing people getting ganged up on. It seems like pack mentality or bullying in my opinion.
I realise that might not be what people meant but that's how it comes across sometimes.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I think the OP still needs to clarify what the problem is.

It seems the "real kick in the teeth" and "slap in the face" is that new applicants get a presentation box instead of a brown envelope.

Have I missed something?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If you purchased a Heritage Stone/ Tile and thought you were part of history, not anymore, the club are going to sell more.
Be Part of It, was the campaign before the staduim opened and those that did like myself were proud to do so, now anyone can do it & heres the real kick in the teeth,
they get a framed certificate in a presentation box, we got a certificate in a brown envelope.
I dare say there are many fans out there who missed the chance first time round & would love to do it, I'd probably do it myself if I hadn't already but don't slap the face of those
that did it originally.

Hi, I sort of know what you mean, and some people here are being unnecessarily rude (but did you expect anything less on NSC!). Thing is though, it was a different club then, the campaign wasn't about getting a nice heritage stone, it was about raising money to keep our club alive, any benefits from the donation were incidental really. And yes, the certificate in a brown envelope doesn't really pass muster and we'd be embarrassed if the club did the same thing today, so of course they have to make the benefits better. I imagine the stone is more expensive than before? But like I said, it was about keeping the club alive back then, now its just pure marketing. [As an aside, I have my own gripe, about the mascots. My daughter was lucky enough to be a mascot in our first season back (Burnley 0-1 nine-men, ha!) and it was a wonderful experience for her, now it costs hundreds of pounds. She is always asking if she can do it again, I just can't get anywhere near affording it. Shame that being a mascot has become the preserve of the children of the rich.]

One more thing, THANK YOU, to you and everyone else who did dip into their pockets back then for these Heritage Stones and everything else people did back then. Its people like you that we should all be grateful to for helping to save our club. Don't think you should get upset by this new thing, but we mustn't dismiss the underlying generosity

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hi, I sort of know what you mean, and some people here are being unnecessarily rude (but did you expect anything less on NSC!). Thing is though, it was a different club then, the campaign wasn't about getting a nice heritage stone, it was about raising money to keep our club alive, any benefits from the donation were incidental really. And yes, the certificate in a brown envelope doesn't really pass muster and we'd be embarrassed if the club did the same thing today, so of course they have to make the benefits better. I imagine the stone is more expensive than before? But like I said, it was about keeping the club alive back then, now its just pure marketing. [As an aside, I have my own gripe, about the mascots. My daughter was lucky enough to be a mascot in our first season back (Burnley 0-1 nine-men, ha!) and it was a wonderful experience for her, now it costs hundreds of pounds. She is always asking if she can do it again, I just can't get anywhere near affording it. Shame that being a mascot has become the preserve of the children of the rich.]

One more thing, THANK YOU, to you and everyone else who did dip into their pockets back then for these Heritage Stones and everything else people did back then. Its people like you that we should all be grateful to for helping to save our club. Don't think you should get upset by this new thing, but we mustn't dismiss the underlying generosity

There can be up to 11 mascots per game. The Junior Seagulls have a ballot for each game, and although the odds are long, there are places (I think it might be two) free of charge due to the ballot.

The Alive & Kicking campaign was way back in 2004, so those that bought a heritage stone 6 years ago are the JCLs. :lol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There can be up to 11 mascots per game. The Junior Seagulls have a ballot for each game, and although the odds are long, there are places (I think it might be two) free of charge due to the ballot.

The Alive & Kicking campaign was way back in 2004, so those that bought a heritage stone 6 years ago are the JCLs. :lol:

Thanks. She got her place through the ballot before, didn't realise that was still going on - I'll get her name back down :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Said fan was rightly lambasted as a knobhead for doing this. Of course he's entitled to his opinion. Where he went wrong was airing it.

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
If you purchased a Heritage Stone/ Tile and thought you were part of history, not anymore, the club are going to sell more.
Be Part of It, was the campaign before the staduim opened and those that did like myself were proud to do so, now anyone can do it & heres the real kick in the teeth,
they get a framed certificate in a presentation box, we got a certificate in a brown envelope.
I dare say there are many fans out there who missed the chance first time round & would love to do it, I'd probably do it myself if I hadn't already but don't slap the face of those
that did it originally.

Those of us who bought originally actually got 2 stones - one on the floor and one on the wall, after much to-do; admittedly, the one on the floor is now only readable in braille fashion, but I know it's there!
I am glad there is so much interest and have no problem with more stones being issued / sold.
Keep the interest, keep the stadium full.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here