Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match day parking at the Virgin Active gym

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm mulling over the possibility of joining the virgin health & racquets club...

One benefit that might swing it for me would be parking there occasionally on match days.
Can anyone shed light on what it's like there on match days? There are only about 200 spaces, so I'm guessing it gets pretty full with members actually using the gym + members using the car park but going to the Amex?!

Many thanks in advance!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Car park is full 3 hours in advance of KO. Takes at least 2 hours to get out of the car park after the game.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hello to you all. Vitality life policy offer a 50% discount off the fee and at the moment there is no joining fee, normally £ 50, with Virgin Active, Amex and elsewhere. PM me if anyone is interested in finding out more

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm mulling over the possibility of joining the virgin health & racquets club...

One benefit that might swing it for me would be parking there occasionally on match days.
Can anyone shed light on what it's like there on match days? There are only about 200 spaces, so I'm guessing it gets pretty full with members actually using the gym + members using the car park but going to the Amex?!

Many thanks in advance!

Dave the Gaffer /Publious whatever does that doesn't he?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Getting out involves getting past a dedicated Park and ride/ pick up spot, an overflow parking site and then you reach the small roundabout at the entrance to the university. Here is a favourite spot to turn around for the 'picker upppers'. Then you get the coaches leaving from the ground, along with the bulk of the park and ride busses and if you're really unlucky you'll catch the Bennetts field exodus. Once that's over it's pretty easy.

I have a uni parking permit and thought that I was sorted untill I tried it :-(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dave the Gaffer /Publious whatever does that doesn't he?

Yep exactly what I do and have done for 5 years. On days when it will be busy, the mrs uses the gym and picks me up on the way home just after the match. Works wonders. Otherwise I sit in the queue getting annoyed!

It is also useful to use the outdoor pool before the match as I don't tend to get there till 10 minutes before KO. Coffee is nicer and cheaper at costa in the virgin club too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't want to start a new thread so bounced the only parking one I could fined.

Quick question if possible - What's Bennett's Field like for getting out of these days? Won AMEX hospitality tickets tonight and have a space. Won't leave until after full time. Usually a long wait to get out? Do the coaches go first etc?

Thanks

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Park there pretty much every game......usually head up couple hours before KO to actually use facilities and maybe grab some healthier food!!

Takes about 30min or so to get out depending on when u leave ground......if leave later it has quietened down as most of the buses have left!

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Didn't want to start a new thread so bounced the only parking one I could fined.

Quick question if possible - What's Bennett's Field like for getting out of these days? Won AMEX hospitality tickets tonight and have a space. Won't leave until after full time. Usually a long wait to get out? Do the coaches go first etc?

Thanks

They open the barriers 30 mins after the game ends. Not too bad to get out these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here