Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa -transfer request

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ulloa is much better than Hemed for me. Leo puts himself about and let's defenders know they are in a game. Ulloa had to lead the line on his own more often than not and had very little in support from a fellow striker. Leo with Baldock alongside him and our current wingers would score 25 goals a season IMO.

So you would drop Glenn Murray would you? Oh dear:ffsparr:

LVGull

May 13, 2016
With Chris Wood leading the line so successfully, I'd also be surprised if Leeds were serious about Ulloa. Playing two big target men together isn't very fashionable these days.

Wood could be off to the Prem for £15m. So Leo could be a good replacement for them if they decide to sell.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Who on earth would pay £15m for Chris ****ing Wood.

Yeah your probably right it says they have been put of. This is from BBC website.

Attachments

• IMG_7886.PNG
    IMG_7886.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 601

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who does he replace? I am assuming he would want guaranteed game time, otherwise why drop a Division?
Loan with a view to a permanent move? Because he might be wanted here NEXT season if we do go up and are given the option to buy him.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
So you would drop Glenn Murray would you? Oh dear:ffsparr:

Where did I say that? He would be excellent competition for Murray and a much better option the Hemed. We will be very lucky if Murray stays fit all season and Hemed just doesn't threaten often enough in my opinion. I think that a Baldock style player is a better move right now however if Leo was available for a loan I think we would be daft not to go for it. I would still want another striker to compete with Baldock.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
I don't think for one minute ULLOA will come here but how can any manager think he can go for a promotion run in with only Three strikers? I don't think Russell is the striker we need! If it was me and I know people will slate me I would go for Rhodes on a four month loan. Wages would be high but that's the gamble we need to take!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I cannot believe that some people on here are actually seriously saying "no" to resigning Leo in principal. He is far more of a threat than Hemed ever will be. He is Premiership quality. Good players can play together, I think Leo and Murray could be deadly together.
Do I think it will happen? Highly unlikely. Would I welcome it if the unlikely did happen? Duh!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Is the correct answer. That's the end of thread for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I just don't get the idea that there are only two types of strikers, a big slow lump and a quick small nippy type, and every team has to have one of each. That's far too simplistic a look at football for me, there's a myriad of different kinds of strikers and to say that Murray and Hemed and Ulloa are all clones of each other is frankly wrong.

I get that a quick striker is nice at the start of a game when its more open, or if we're in front and breaking on the counter, but the times we're really going to need another striker this season are when we're losing or drawing at home with 30 to go and the away team are all behind the ball. Baldock doesn't do much in that scenario, we need strikers then who can win the ball, hold it up, find a yard of space, have an instinct for goal. So whether its a Keane or Ulloa or Rhodes or more likely someone completely different, I believe we need that kind of striker for those potentially crucial situations. A like-for-like replacement of Baldock doesn't do it for me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not the type of striker we're after if we're looking for Baldock competition but he'd be too good a option to turn down if we did have the chance to sign him on loan...

Baldock replacement I think you mean surely....

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think the reason some on this thread are against it is because they are thinking logically.

Well out of our price range for a player who isn't exactly what we are looking for to get us over the line. I think we'd all agree we need competition for Baldock rather than another physical striker. Spending £8-9m and 40k a week would eat into a budget which would also still require an additional 'number 10'

If he isn't in Leicester's plans why would they loan him when they have offers in the region of £9m for him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Baldock replacement I think you mean surely....

Nope - competition for that place. Baldock has been in most people's top 3 or 5 players this season - he's been fantastic. The worry is an injury to him...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here