Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa -transfer request

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I susect his salary will be tough to sustain..... 30k pw or more?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
If we have any ambition to stay in the EPL then we'll need to change that attitude once we get there. That is basically what the TV money and parachute payments are for, like it or not.

Don't get me wrong here, I love Leo. But if we go up would he be a regular starter after we no doubt make a fair few signings in the summer. I know if we go up we'll have to slightly restructure our wages but that's an awful lot for a player that might not be a regular for us. Right now it would be a phenomenal signing but next season he's either a very expensive championship player or a prem squad player, hypothetically of course.
If we go up, our elevated stature will no doubt give us plenty more options for signing forwards. I think we would be best to either have an experienced six month loan or short term contract i.e. Keane or take a punt on a lower league or foreign youngster as cover, that won't cost the earth. Either way it's risky.
What I think will happen is we won't sign anyone this January, and yes I believe we will get promoted, but there's still a lot of football to play.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Wednesday have apparently had a bid accepted for Rhodes....Lets go for it with Leo!!! He WILL Score us goals like Rhodes will!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't we need competition for Sam B!!??

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't we need competition for Sam B!!??
Hemed?

The problem with the striker situation is that we are not in a position to take a punt of tens of millions of pounds on the best in the business. We might get a loanee in, but what sort of loan striker will want to come here without a guarantee of first team football? He probably won't be an upgrade on what we have. And if he isn't that, then why not stick with what we have got and if absolutely last resort necessary just use Skalak up top?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here