Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa -transfer request

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The same could be said about The Premier and I think that he is better than Hemed , who was brought in when he left, in every area of his play.
None of them are better than Murray IMO. Hemed is slightly better on the deck, Ulloa possibly better with his head really don't think there's much in it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
None of them are better than Murray IMO. Hemed is slightly better on the deck, Ulloa possibly better with his head really don't think there's much in it.

I also think Murray is better at defensive set pieces and seems more aware of play around him, but that is to be expected with age and experience. As wonderful as Ulloa is he is not a replacement for Murray and a different player than Hamed who also offers more with his all round play and holding the ball up. How many times did I read on NSC about Ulloa when things were not going his way throwing his hands up in the air and seeming to give up when things were not going his way. For that reason its a No from me, ultimately he would cost too much in wages for what he offers.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I also think Murray is better at defensive set pieces and seems more aware of play around him, but that is to be expected with age and experience. As wonderful as Ulloa is he is not a replacement for Murray and a different player than Hamed who also offers more with his all round play and holding the ball up. How many times did I read on NSC about Ulloa when things were not going his way throwing his hands up in the air and seeming to give up when things were not going his way. For that reason its a No from me, ultimately he would cost too much in wages for what he offers.
Also for a big fella Ulloa doesn't seem to have any strength judging by the amount of times he would fall over during a game.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think he's more realistic than other strikers of his level and could play together with our current 3 strikers just fine. CH rotates depending on opposition and chances are 1 of our current 3 will have a problem some time in the season leaving no flexibility in a full schedule unless someone decent or better is signed. Also at age 30 might offer a lot more next few seasons than Murray who we don't own yet!

Sure I'd consider other less realistic options ahead of him but would be very pleased if he was the only Brighton movement of the Jan window. Loan or signing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The question has to be can we sign someone better than Ulloa, someone who has proven they can score more goals in the Premier League? If the answer is yes and you can get him for less then £9million then fine, but I doubt that's true.

I don't think we will buy him but I certainly wouldn't be adverse to the idea as he would strengthen our attacking options for this season and has Premier League experience for next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A loan for Leo until the end of the season would be wonderful, but isn't he off to Spain ?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ulloa is a great player and I would welcome him back in an instant, I am sure I read that Hemed wanted to return to Spain to finish playing maybe the two are not mutually exclusive

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Mmm, Hemed has already scored more goals in a championship season than Ulloa ever did.

Glenn Murray has already scored more goals this season (15) half way through than Ulloa ever scored in the Championship in a full season (ie: 14 in 2013/14).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Glenn Murray has already scored more goals this season (15) half way through than Ulloa ever scored in the Championship in a full season (ie: 14 in 2013/14).

This is true, however Ulloa played upfront on his own with no real wide men or strike partner... his scoring rate considering this was very very good.

It was the implication that Hemed was better than Ulloa that irked me, there is very very little to choose between Ulloa and Murray though.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think he's more realistic than other strikers of his level and could play together with our current 3 strikers just fine. CH rotates depending on opposition and chances are 1 of our current 3 will have a problem some time in the season leaving no flexibility in a full schedule unless someone decent or better is signed. Also at age 30 might offer a lot more next few seasons than Murray who we don't own yet!

Sure I'd consider other less realistic options ahead of him but would be very pleased if he was the only Brighton movement of the Jan window. Loan or signing.

Me too, and interesting that we haven't been mentioned in connection with anybody! Have shuffled a few out (saving salaries). I have huge admiration for Paul Winstanley and the sterling work he has done for the club since that Burke left! Can't imagine in a million years he's sat on his arse doing crosswords....Leo just could be the reason. But like the rest of us and a famous Spanish Waiter "I know nothing" ! :shrug:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Looking to the future I would think that he will be better suited to the Premier than Hemed so I would take him and try for Murray and then look to offload Hemed.in the summer.

Hemed has better ball control and has a few tricks up his sleeves. Ulloa does nick the goals but he isn't blessed with grace and doesn't do well when it's one on one with the goal keper. I would trust Hemed more with the just the goal keeper to beat scenario.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here